PDA

View Full Version : Removing scracthes/swirls on an already zaino`d car?

boarderx
04-30-2002, 09:28 AM
I have quite a few light and deep scratches on my car. I`ve recently did the Dawn/ClayBar/Z Wash process. I now have 5 coats of Z5 on it. I thought that the multiple layers of Z5 would help cover up the scratches but they don`t. Perhaps someone can give me some direction?

I`m thinking maybe I should Dawn Wash the affected areas only to remove all Zaino sealant. Then maybe apply some type of scratch/swirl remover? Then Z wash and reapply Z5/Z2? Does this make sense? Would it work? Are there any products that work well with Zaino?

When I used to use the lower class Meguiars products in the Burgundy colored bottles, a lot of the scratches were easily covered with the polish. I`m not able to do this with the Z2.

Lemonxxs
04-30-2002, 09:33 AM
Just use your abrasive product right over the zaino in the swirled areas. Then when done start over in those areas with the dawn wash and then reapply zaino.

I have not found where dawn will remove zaino.

I find the Z5 only hides minor swirls.

the meguiar`s products hid the swirls better becuase they had oils and fillers to mask these swirls. But they will not last long.

With Zaino it looks even better with proper paint prep ... Ie removing as many swirls a possible.

Good Luck

Preachers Sheets
04-30-2002, 10:18 AM
Guess is correct.

Your sealent will be stripped when you use something abrasive to correct the swirl/scratch.

What I like to do is layer more Klasse or wax on a car to hide the defect`s until they start to number and I need to polish. To always have your car swirl free you are looking at a whole bunch of spot stripping and spot layering of Zaino. I rather just live with them and polish the entire car when it needs it.

Almost like you`d have to keep track of the polish "I polished the hood 4 times, the door twice, the wing oh man that was a pain, it was polished around 6 times but the mirrors only 4 and the roof is good to me, that only needed one layer" ;)