PDA

View Full Version : Detailing car with a clear bra

wizardofahs
04-29-2002, 05:14 PM
I have a Lexus comming on friday, and it suposedly has a thin clear bra on the hood that was put there by the dealer (option maybe). The client is sort of worried that the rest of the car around the bra will be so shiny (he`s seen some of the other car`s ive done) that it won`t match where the bra is. From expierence has anyone seen this? Or is it pretty much unnoticible. Also how do you handle them? Go over them with the PC like everything else (i`ve seen a clear bra with swirls before) or should i just avoid it with the 3M products and which ever polish i decide to go with, and just use some Plexus or something? Anyone have any advice or horror stories?

Lemonxxs
04-29-2002, 10:39 PM
Sounds like maybe he has XPEL? A thin (3mm) vinyl kinda stuck on the front like window tint?

If so do a quick search as there are many threads about the product.

wizardofahs
04-30-2002, 08:28 AM
i found lots of threads on the bra`s themselves... and just a little bit of info in those about keeping care of them. Someone posted to spend a lot of time removing all the wax from the seams, which will give it a more uniform look with the car. Also it appears that at least one user used Klasse on his with good results. Haven`t been able to find any info on weither or not more aggressive products are fine for them or not. i`ll keep looking though.

Lemonxxs
04-30-2002, 09:13 AM
Send BRad B a PM as he has this on one of his cars. Maybe he can help.