PDA

View Full Version : Zaino`d my Black Spec V

JHP
04-29-2002, 03:24 PM
I made a seperate thread for this because many people say the Nissan Paint is awful. So what better to test how nice Zaino can make a car look. My pics are at http://www.cdin.net/c79 (`http://www.cdin.net/c79`) I can`t wait to put more zaino on each weekend until I run out of the stuff. My Spec V looks better than when I was 3m polishing with the Grand One wax. So when do I use the Z1 again?

Preachers Sheets
04-29-2002, 03:31 PM
What`s so great about your Spec type car over the regular SE-R I always see buzzing around?

JHP
04-29-2002, 03:36 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by joed1228 [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>What`s so great about your Spec type car over the regular SE-R I always see buzzing around? [/b]</blockquote>
Hmm for the 2002 model year the differences are: Skyline style seats that are in red/black, Helical LSD, 17inch rims, ~10 more hp, 6spd, better suspension, strut tower brace, and better stock stereo (I think). But cost difference is roughly less than $1000. I personally am going to keep this car pretty stock, so in my opinion it`s a great deal over the normal SE-R.

Preachers Sheets
04-29-2002, 03:41 PM
Less than 1,000.00 for a diff, rims, seats, tranny and suspension? Jeepers... that`s alot better.

JHP
04-29-2002, 03:47 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by joed1228 [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Less than 1,000.00 for a diff, rims, seats, tranny and suspension? Jeepers... that`s alot better. [/b]</blockquote>
The strange thing is people try to justify why they would rather pay for the SE-R instead of the Spec. I could see if you wanted an automatic, then the Spec V wouldn`t work since it`s only a 6spd. But otherwise the Spec V is such a good deal.

Preachers Sheets
04-29-2002, 03:56 PM
It must be the automatic tranny. Alot of people don`t want to deal with a stick shift, never mind a 6 speed.

I see 98% of Camaro Z28`s with automatic tranny. I would never get that considering the fact that Chevy will give you the same exact 6 speed that is in the SS`s. I could see if they had a 5 speed stock and people didn`t want to pay for the 6 speed but come on people, it`s a sports car. Drive it like one.

You know, I bet for the hell of it, if the automatic was the standard option and the 6 speed was an 1500.00 option as was called the "super lighting transmission" people would buy it more. I don`t know, if you ask me, it doesn`t seem the SS stand`s for anything these days, look back in the 70`s the Z28`s and SS`s were two complete different animals. Once was made for the strip and the other was made for a road with turns. Different motors were options, different suspensions, different weights and all kinds of stuff like that. Times change I guess.

We&#39;re Here
04-29-2002, 05:22 PM
We sold our 93 SE-R for the WRX. I can`t say enough about its handling, especially the limited slip if you`re going to autocross! Always liked Nissan, their rear-driver 240 SX, the Skyline GT-R, the original 510, the 1600, the original 240Z ... all great cars and all with personalities - unlike the typical Japanese offering. Keep and eye on Nissan, they`ll have a miss here and there but if I were to bet on a Japanese manufacturer to hit one out of the park, it`d be Nissan!

smfrycruzr
04-29-2002, 05:55 PM
i had that exact same car for about 8 months then sold it...that paint does suck, you`ll find out soon enuff. Was a pretty good car for the price but after owning one I can`t say that it lived up to the hype...shoulda put a SR20DET (t is for Turbo) in it...then I might have put up with the paint issues to keep it a while longer...yours looks nice though.

rstype
04-29-2002, 09:54 PM
Wow! Nice shine, cool car! A 6-speed manual with a LSD for under $20,000 is a great idea...

:up

MikeLS
04-29-2002, 10:04 PM
Sweet shine!

Back to your original question, you use Z1 every 8 to 10 coats of polish or twice a year for the average Zainoer or once a year for a show car (garage queen). Of course, if you use ZFX you`ll never have to use Z1 again!

:wavey

JHP
04-29-2002, 10:19 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by We`re Here [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>We sold our 93 SE-R for the WRX. I can`t say enough about its handling, especially the limited slip if you`re going to autocross! Always liked Nissan, their rear-driver 240 SX, the Skyline GT-R, the original 510, the 1600, the original 240Z ... all great cars and all with personalities - unlike the typical Japanese offering. Keep and eye on Nissan, they`ll have a miss here and there but if I were to bet on a Japanese manufacturer to hit one out of the park, it`d be Nissan! [/b]</blockquote>
I was going to get a WRX, but the insurance was ridiculous on that car. Almost twice as much as the Spec V. How come people always seem to be able to compare so many Japanese cars. Are a lot of the import people from Japan or something? And yes it would have been cool to see a different engine in the Spec V. But I think Nissan will do great things with the 4cylinder Altima Engine.