PDA

View Full Version : how to store clay

medic
04-29-2002, 01:08 PM
I bought a clay magic kit today and it said after using hte product to store it by spraying a couple of shots of the lube into a plastic bag and wrapping the unused clay bar in there. Will this really work or is there a better process for storing clay for an extended period of time?

I figure if I go a good job claying now on my daily driver and then protect it well, I probably will not need to reclay until next year. Does this sound right or am I being too optomistic. I`m in Sacramento, CA so there is only a normal amount of crap to comtaminate the paint.

2wheelsx2
04-29-2002, 01:17 PM
I didn`t even do that. I have the Mother`s clay bar kit, and have had it for about 6 months. It`s just got about 1/4 bar left. I just put the unused portions in a zip lock bag, sealed it, and when I needed it, I just opened it up and it was good to go. Doesn`t seem to dry out or harden or anything. It`s worked for me so far.

Rcs476
04-29-2002, 01:40 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by 2wheelsx2 [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>.... I just put the unused portions in a zip lock bag, sealed it, and when I needed it, I just opened it up and it was good to go. Doesn`t seem to dry out or harden or anything. It`s worked for me so far. [/b]</blockquote>

Same here, no problems with this method.

forrest@mothers
04-29-2002, 01:42 PM
I store clay in a plastic baggie, with a couple of shots of detailer to prevent it from sticking to the baggie.

It works very well.

Lemonxxs
04-29-2002, 01:56 PM
Get one of those little GLADWARE storage containers.......spray some lube in there and Voila! stackable storage containers and no chance of the little baggie tearing.

PLus another excuse to go to the store and look for detailing stuff.