PDA

View Full Version : Wash first then Quick Shine?

getfit74
04-29-2002, 12:47 AM
Is there any benifit to using a quick detailer spray like quickshine after a routine wash with an ordinary car wash (between polish and wax sessions)? Do they contain any "wax" or shine enhancers that would spruce up an already clean surface?

Thanks

oorc51
04-29-2002, 01:06 AM
I believe QD sprays contain a small amount of wax to help maintain the "just waxed look." I just started to do a QD after washes since a lot of extra water-drops drip from strange places and I get a bunch of water spots. The QD gets rid of the spots and adds an extra little shine without having to do a full wax.

Lemonxxs
04-29-2002, 09:02 AM
Depends on the brand of QD. Some have carnuba in them while others have polymers.

Some QD after washing to ensure they have get any spots they may have missed and for the added shine.

94turboz28
05-30-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Guess My Name

Depends on the brand of QD. Some have carnuba in them while others have polymers.

Some QD after washing to ensure they have get any spots they may have missed and for the added shine.

Hello. I`m planning on getting the M#34 FI to use during the AIO and SG process...etc. Is there a difference between the other Meguire`s Quick Detailer they offer? I just wanted to stick with one QD. I tried to search on this... I can`t find anything. Thanks!

Lemonxxs
05-30-2002, 04:42 PM
With the klasse twins I like the sonus acrylic QD...but that is my preference.