PDA

View Full Version : Carpets-Tide /Search option

imported_JeffBruce
04-28-2002, 01:45 PM
I used the search option for Cleaning the car`s carpets and an easy one popped up....

Vacumn first - Tide in a bucket, lotsa suds brush in and some elbow grease.....MF

and she said the carpets have never looked better....she was really impressed....The stains were another story, am using Xenit for those....

Thks Prinz and others for recommendation....tried it..liked it...

jeff

jlamade
04-29-2002, 08:59 PM
Tell me you didn`t get the carpeting wet. You didn`t mention how wet and how you dried the carpet. Wet carpet can lead to damage and mildew. Whenever you are cleaning carpet and upholstery the general rule of thumb is to rinse and then get the surface -- from outer surface to backing -- as dry as possible. There are many products you can use to remove spots and stains, but your best bet is to remove spots/stains while they are still wet, because they are easier to remove and have not set into fibers yet.

If you really have problems with spots and stains, then you really should protect carpet and upholstery. By applying a good fabric/upholstery sealant you are coating the individual fibers and making it difficult -- if not possible -- for stain-causing materials to adhere to fibers. This makes cleaning much easier.

I don`t want to belabor the issue, but have you ever heard of an extraction cleaning machine.

imported_JeffBruce
04-29-2002, 09:09 PM
I used the suds and scrubbed ....i then took MF to dry the carpets..of course they were still wet...I have a bissle to help remove the the wettness...also it was a windy day and left the doors open, I would then come back and rb my hand over the carpet....it took a good 2 hours to fully dry...

jeff

bobdec
04-30-2002, 12:04 AM
Jeff,

Glad to hear you were pleased with the results. Works as a pretty good carpet cleaner without having to buy anything you don`t already have. I don`t get the carpeting too wet when I do it and I use a wetvac to remove most of the excess moisture and have never had a problem with mildew. Probably get more moisture on the carpets from going skiing.

imported_JeffBruce
04-30-2002, 08:17 AM
I have a bissel, carpet shampoo, and could and have gone down that route...

but I just vac, throw some tide in a bucket, suds it up, grab my carpet brush, MF, Bissle to xtract if i have too, air dry, MF some more..then put some Frabric protection on it....its simple and easy...

jeff