PDA

View Full Version : griots vs 3m polishes

ldonato
04-28-2002, 01:14 PM
what`s teh differences (ease of use, harshness, etc) between griots machine polish 3 and 2 vs. 3m SMR and finesse it II? thanks

Sharkie
04-28-2002, 02:40 PM
2 is comparable to Finesse-it 2. 3 is very fine and comparable to Meg’s #9 2.0 (no 1st hand experience with 3M SMR). The Griot’s polishes seem pretty straightforward with no fillers or oils.

SJS

ldonato
04-28-2002, 03:53 PM
is one any better than the other?

Sharkie
04-28-2002, 04:10 PM
I like both FI2 and Griot’s #2, have had good results with both. I think I have the ‘feel’ for FI2 more so than the Griot’s #2 since I’ve used it so much more. But I think FI2 is a bit easier to work with, flows a bit better and can use less product.

Griot’s #3 was just what I was looking for, super-fine polish with no fillers or oils. After it’s washed or buffed away it’s “what you see is what you get (WYSIWYG)â€.

Used the #3 on my car that had very minor micro-marring before Zaino and it came out great. Used the #2 on my friend’s car and worked it a bit as Griot’s claims the rogue breaks down as you work it and the polishing grit gets finer. Went straight to Zaino that came out great as well.

SJS