PDA

View Full Version : Coats of Z?

Travlinlght
04-28-2002, 11:11 AM
I have black paint with some minor swirls and scratches. I read the Zaino specs and he says you can put on multiple coats for better results but should always end witha coat of Z2.

Should i alternate between Z5 and Z2.

For example:

1 coat Z5

1 coat Z2

1 coat Z5

1 coat Z2

done.

Or can I?

1 coat Z5

1 coat Z5

1 coat Z2

done.

whats the correct or better way?

Thanks guys!

Redcar GUY
04-28-2002, 11:13 AM
I have not used Z2w in a long time! It is ok to just end with Z5:wavey

2k2blackWRX
04-28-2002, 11:17 AM
shraight from an email from sal

<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

Depending on the depth and degree of your swirl marks. I would try Z-5
first....

The Z-5 is applied, as per directions, and will fill swirls and
scratches in stages. One to three coats of Z-5 depending on the amount
and degree of scratches. Z-2 should always be the last coat of polish on
the car. Z-2 has higher optics than Z-5. You can go from Z-2 to Z-5 and
back to Z-2 anytime you like. Always use Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer spray
between each and ever coat of Z-5 or Z-2.

</blockquote>

Bryan

imported_killerjg
04-28-2002, 10:08 PM
I believe that is to ensure the best appearance, not a procedural issue. Is that what you are after.

Like redcar Guy I often will use only Z5.

Tiger88
04-28-2002, 10:25 PM
I just switched to Zaino a month or two ago and I`ve already lost count of how many coats are on the car. If I`m not busy I`ll just slap on another coat, it`s so easy! I`ve mostly just been using the Z5 with one or two coats of Z2 thrown in there somewhere. Also, a little Z6 QD.

vettefan67
04-29-2002, 08:41 AM
In my limited Zaino experience I have found that early on when you don`t have many coats is when Z2 makes a noticeable difference in the appearance of the car. Once you get as many coats as some users of this board, you can`t really tell a difference between before and after a coat, let alone Z2 vs z5. The effects would probably build up though if you do enough coats :).

DETAILKING
04-29-2002, 09:47 AM
Don`t be so quick to judge.....put some more coats on...wait a week or two, wash with Z7, and you will see! I don`t know why....you just do!

Chalky
04-29-2002, 11:13 AM
Many people have discovered that with BLACK cars, the car looks best when the last coat is Z5. For some reason, on black, Z5 looks better than Z2.