PDA

View Full Version : Floresent lights in my garage show everything...

adam68
04-27-2002, 09:35 PM
Once I am outside, the car looks great. Have a jet black bmw 325CI. Why is it that every scratch shows up so clearly under the floresent lighting?

Lemonxxs
04-27-2002, 09:38 PM
Light reflection and refraction...also the light spectrum.......Get some halogens on a stand and I bet you see more.........better yet go find some mercury vapor lights (Gas stations and such) and you will see even more yet.

YoSteve
04-27-2002, 09:45 PM
yeah, and stare into those lights too much and you eventually won`t see swirls or anything else for that matter :scared

haha, j/k that`s why you should do you prep work in light that shows more to track your progress, or get a silver car :xyxthumbs

Preachers Sheets
04-29-2002, 09:07 AM
Steve -

I was detailing my fathers Express van, it`s a green/blue with the shiny flake paint job and beside me was a brand new yet never detailed silver with shiny flake paint job VW Jetta. The paint felt like sandpaper and if I looked at the paint to see swirls the sun reflected off of it so bad that it literally hurt my eyes. The car was a dump yet it still looked better than anything I saw on the block .... before my fathers van was done.

I told my brother to look at the swirls in the Jetta and when he did his eyes fluttered like 1000 times per second, the sun really really hurt his eyes from the flakes, I was laughing my arse off and he was seeing dots.

YoSteve
04-29-2002, 11:33 AM
the most swirls I`ve seen on silver cars are on sepia colored lights in some parking lights

I always check for swirls in the sun on many cars but I don`t glance too long. It`s like when someone`s welding, you can`t help but peek :p

Preachers Sheets
04-29-2002, 02:11 PM
Yea it got me real good, almost like all the muscles in my eye contracted in .0001 of a second. It didn`t tickle. I hd to share the feeling with my little bro though. What`s good for papa goose is good for the little duckling.