PDA

View Full Version : The white dots (Is it Klasse?)

imported_Intel486
04-27-2002, 07:47 PM
I`ve been parking my truck under trees and powerlines recently so I`ve been getting a lot of bird droppings on it. Well, over the day the bird dropings bake onto my 200 degree paint (Its dark blue and hot!). When I do finally wash them off they leave this really fine layer of something on my paint.

It isn`t etching b/c it comes off but is a pain to get off. I`ll wash my truck, then come back to find these white dots. At first I thought it was etching but I can scrape it off with my fingernail. Well, I removed all the dots with some PPCL and then reKlassed the areas. THe thing is I`m only noticing them on my truck. I have yet to see these spots on my Highlander, which had Meguiar`s #26 on it and now has ProWax Satin Creme on it (satin creme is awesome!)

I am trying to figure out what causes these dots so it could be several things.

1) Everyone gets them and I should just remove them quickly and not worry

2) It is b/c my truck paint is so hot and the highlander`s paint doesn`t get that hot

3) It is b/c of the Klasse

4) The birds across town (which drop on my truck) eat different stuff than the birds by my house (which drop on my Highlander)

So, What is it?

imported_StyleTEG
04-28-2002, 08:32 AM
Hmm..

I have had odd white dot problems before that never seamed to appear with Zaino or Carnuaba. They seamed to be in clumps, and didn`t come out unless I stripped the klasse in that area.

Sound simmilar?

idamanjax75
04-29-2002, 08:41 AM
It`s possible that you drive the truck through a region where construction is ongoing ....

BradE
04-29-2002, 08:46 AM
It could be the acids in the bird poo attacking the resins of the Klasse, causing spots. Depending on how quickly you catch them they may or may not be permenant.

imported_Intel486
04-29-2002, 05:42 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by StyleTEG [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Hmm..
I have had odd white dot problems before that never seamed to appear with Zaino or Carnuaba. They seamed to be in clumps, and didn`t come out unless I stripped the klasse in that area.

Sound simmilar? [/b]</blockquote>
No, the dots appear on the surface of the car. I could see them before I removed the Klasse so I think they are ontop of the Klasse.

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Eric R [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>It`s possible that you drive the truck through a region where construction is ongoing .... [/b]</blockquote>
Not possible. They are from the bird poop. They are the shape of the bird poop and appear where the bird poop was after I wash. They are kinda like a hard film that I can scrape off with my fingernail.

Overspray would be a fine rough mist.

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by ShowroomLincoln [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>It could be the acids in the bird poo attacking the resins of the Klasse, causing spots. Depending on how quickly you catch them they may or may not be permenant. [/b]</blockquote>
yhea, I`m wondering if it is something with acids and Klasse. I have, well had, 5 coats of Klasse on my truck. The spots appear and I can scrape at them with my fingernail and remove them some but it is too risky and time consuming for me to go around and do this to all the spots where birds poop on my truck. It is a bird bomb target.

It is some kind of residue that is left behind from the bird poop.

samiam513
04-29-2002, 06:17 PM
I have the same problem on my red f150. Only on hood, and no bird crap. Could it be wax buildup?