PDA

View Full Version : I hate construction trucks!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

04-26-2002, 05:04 PM
I was just about to pass a cement mixing truck to avoid rocks flying off of it and bam the truck hits a bump and showers the Lexus with sand and rocks . There are now 4 small paint chips in the hood and I am a very angry man. The paint was perfect! BLAH! The funny thing is I was like man I got to pass him, I don`t want rocks to hit my brand new car, then I was too late :( . I put another layer of #26 and it looks sweeet, except for the chips. I got the company name, truck number and plate. I called the company and they said the owner would call me back. We`ll see.:argue

In the mean time, I am thinking about buying that mothers paint chip repair stuff. Or try Brad B`s method. What should I do?

MikeLS
04-26-2002, 05:09 PM
Bummer! Good luck getting anything done, unless the owner is really really nice. He`ll probably claim you were following too close and it`s not his fault. That`s why I like to stay far back or just fly by them... not worth the risk on a beatuiful finish!

I`ve heard decent reports on Langka once you get the hang of it. I`d rather try that than dabbing on paint and trying to sand it down...

smfrycruzr
04-26-2002, 05:34 PM
happened to me b4 too...put a chip in my winshield though...luckily no deductible on that repair.

bjwebster
04-26-2002, 07:47 PM
Bummer!! Living in the land of eternal construction and gravel I feel you pain!:(

Jngrbrdman
04-26-2002, 07:52 PM
We had that problem in Salt Lake a lot durring the freeway construction durring the Olympics. Since all the trucks were labled by the Department of Transportation, all we had to do was call the DOT and report it and their insurance would check it out and pay for the repairs. I wouldn`t suggest doing anything to your car until you find out if their insurance will cover the damage. You could get a freshly painted hood out of the deal. At the very least they should pay to get it touched up professionaly.

Sirslap2
04-26-2002, 07:55 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by AlBoston [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>
In the mean time, I am thinking about buying that mothers paint chip repair stuff. Or try Brad B`s method. What should I do? [/b]</blockquote>
Crappy luck ....Murphy`s Law applies and has happened to me as well.
What is Brad B`s method???:nixweiss

YoSteve
04-26-2002, 08:55 PM
I had been driving for 6 years and got my first brand new car. I`d never had a fender bender ever until a month after I got the car, I backed up into my dad`s Caddy. I`ve never been so pissed.

Another example of Murphy`s law.

Sorry about the car :(

good luck with the truck company, how close were you?

04-29-2002, 02:23 PM
I was pretty close waiting for a car to pass by(about 10 ft from me) so I could floor it and get the hell out of there. They are very small chips, I hope it doesnt rust. I dont know what to do about it?

Preachers Sheets
04-29-2002, 02:25 PM
Wait to see what the guy you called says, stay on top of it. Try to get the fee`s to bring it to a professional auto body shop and have them fill in the chips and re clear coat the specks if you don`t feel comfortable doing it yourself.

I got chips galore man, all you need is some dip and we`re gonna have a party.

180fisherman
05-01-2002, 06:17 PM
same here. yesterday. Just finished my detail, was passing a cement truck on a city street. Light brown mud spots are flying all over the wife`s Z06.

Fortunately, I took the advice of someone and always carry a MF cloth and QD in both vehicles. I pulled over immediately and got it taken care of.

there outta be a law..........

05-01-2002, 06:24 PM
The owner of the company called me today, woohoo. Looks like we are getting somewhere. He said he will find out who was driving and get back to me. I have rocks that came off the truck still stuck in the cowling for evidence, hehe.

jmdlat
05-01-2002, 08:19 PM
Thats happened to me before; more then once I might add. Your lucky your car is silver and they don`t show up that much. My car is black, so they show up white. You can`t see them unless you are looking on top of the car, but hey sh*t happens.

At least I have no dings in the hood yet. So you can only see them if you are right on top of the car and looking at it at an angle.

F1Crazy
05-01-2002, 09:01 PM
I feel your pain, man!

Broken windshields, chipped paint can be fixed and most insurance companies will cover the costs, what really sucks are those little chips in your windshield that don`t qualify for a repair but you know they are there and you get angry everytime you clean your windows.

Silver cars are very difficult to touch up so I would go to a professional to fix it. Non metallic black and white are the easiest to repair.

06-13-2002, 11:46 AM
Woohoo, The insurance adjuster for the construction company came a few weeks ago to look at the car. I just got a 1400 dollar check in the mail to repair the damages. I love persistance!:xyxthumbs

imported_Intermezzo
06-13-2002, 12:23 PM
Wow, good work Ali! I`m glad everything turned out well for you! Congratulations!