PDA

View Full Version : Detailing this weekend make suggestions?

corky
04-26-2002, 02:40 PM
Here is the plan on my dark green Accord

1. Dawn

2. Clay (claymagic)

3.?????? Can I put something down before AIO? Like a Polish???

4. AIO

5. SG X 5 over the next week

My main question here is what can I put down before the AIO? I was thinking polish but won`t AIO strip that? If no please suggest a polish or swirl mark remover?

I have Turtle Wax Scratch and Swirl Remover, Blue Coral Scratch Remover, Zymol Cleaner Wax, Mothers Reflections Premium Polish.

Could I use one of these or just throw them out since I have had them for a while but never used them.

Lemonxxs
04-26-2002, 02:48 PM
DO a search on swirls and I bet 20 products come up.

3M and Meguairs make swirl mark removers (SMR). IF you have em I suggest getting rid of them before AIO.

corky
04-26-2002, 02:51 PM
Actually I have done a pretty good job on keeping it swirl free but there are scratches (which is why I bought all these scratch removers) I was just wondering about applying a polish after claying to make the car shine more.

smfrycruzr
04-26-2002, 02:53 PM
I`d be interested in that REFLECTIONS if you are going to pitch it!!!
dwcopple@yahoo.com (``)

Lemonxxs
04-26-2002, 02:57 PM
AIO is a paint cleaner and would not require a polish. IF you are satisfied on how the paint looks (swirls) then the AIO will clean up the paint and lay down some a polymer layer.

corky
04-26-2002, 03:48 PM
Also it has been a months since my hood has been repainted I figure it is clean so I don`t have to clay it but should I put AIO on it or just SG?

Lemonxxs
04-26-2002, 04:33 PM
DO a search for AIO and DETAILKING. I believe he feels that if the paint is in good shape and rather new than why bother with AIO.

KR CoolShine
04-26-2002, 05:14 PM
Not familiar with any of those products that you have; but youdo not need an abrasive (polish) if you are happy with the swirls or lack thereof.

I am a big believer in a paint cleaner on even new paint, though.

I use AIO or PPCL (Pinnacle Painwork Cleansing Lotion) on new cars right after the clay. My new Subie is a case in point.

First weekend I was in a hurry. So, I *only* Autoint A, B, C treatment then a Zaino Z1 and Z2.

Three weeks later, I had time for a full treatment. So I did (exterior only steps):

Autoint A to strip the Z
Pinnacle clay (paint wasn`t as smooth as I like it after the B step a few weeks before)
PPCL with the Porter Cable
Wash with Z7
Z1
Z2
Z6
next day
Z2

I was shocked at the difference in the look of the car between before and after the PPCL. The color was deeper and the pearl effect more pronounced -- even though I know that the paint was already very clean.

So, long way of saying --
<strong class=`bbc`>Use the AIO[/b]
:xyxthumbs