PDA

View Full Version : Keeping black interior clean

lpandroc
04-26-2002, 10:04 AM
Hi everyone...Just curious...For those who have black interior...whats your methodology when it comes to keeping it spotless and clean...dustfree and all...?...I have a 2000 Volvo with black leather, carpets and vinyl...always a challenge for me to keep it clean though........Its spotless , but it wears me out with all the dust and stuff that makes it way in there ...Just curious?...thanks and have a great weekend...Lance

I use 303 and an occasional vinylex........and seem to vacuum the damn thing everyday...............stop the madness!!!!

Lance

2000 Volvo S70

TiCoup
04-26-2002, 10:39 AM
Get one of those Cal. Dash Dusters. Takes a few swipes every morning and a lot of the dust is gone. Then carry a MF towel and swipe the seats every few days for dust. Thats what I do on my gray leather interior.

Lowejackson
04-26-2002, 10:49 AM
I agree with TBird, keep a MF towel in the car for a quick clean as often as you can, ie at traffic lights.

Steven

imported_memnuts
04-26-2002, 10:50 AM
I agree with Tbird. Cai duster and MF. Some on this forum also recommend Swifer wipes. You have all the proper protectants. The best prevention of dust in a car is deep vacuuming of the carpets which is your major source unless you drive alot with your windows down.

Have a wonderful weekend. :D

imported_StyleTEG
04-26-2002, 01:02 PM
I have seen car "de-ionizers" that are supposed to cut down on dust in the air.

jkochis
04-26-2002, 01:28 PM
Also replace your pollen filter more often than recommended. It`s located under the hood hear the firewall on the passenger side.