OK, I bought all the stuff to get

started but the Mothers Clay Bar

looks mighty small. How do I get

started with this thing? Thanks

Preachers Sheets
04-25-2002, 06:25 PM
1.) Cut the bar into 4 peices

2.) Wash your car

3.) Wet your car with Quick Detailer or soapy water and rub the clay in a front to back motion, if your using the QD, buff the area dry, if your using the car soap just leave the area alone until your done where you will wash the car again.

As the clay becomes dirty, fold it over for a cleaner side.

Not much too it, if your car is bad and if you rub the clay over the wet paint you hear a slight rough sound and as you rub more and more you`ll hear it go away.

Feel your paint when it`s dry, clay an area, dry it and then feel it again, it`ll be nice.

imported_Intel486
04-25-2002, 07:28 PM
Those pieces are gonna be really small if you cut it into four. The mothers bar is only four oz. I cut mine in half when I used it. Good to do it so if you do drop the clay, then you don`t screw up your whole clay bar. Of course, after you ruin a clay bar by dropping it, then you`ll never drop another one.

laynlow
04-25-2002, 07:50 PM
I didn`t cut my Mothers bar, I thought it was too small. The Mothers bars are kinda sticky, and I didn`t have a problem or fear dropping it. The claymagic bars I get at the autopaint refinisher are large, and easily divided for added security.

If you don`t cut it, just be cautious! ;)

forrest@mothers
04-25-2002, 10:10 PM
From a distribution of particulates standpoint, it`s a mistake to cut clay into smaller pieces. A bigger bar (80gr) will give you more clay to spread the particulates around in than a 40 gr piece. The 40 gr pieces will load up twice as fast as an 80 gr one.

But, if you fear dropping your clay, at least cutting it up will save some of it.

Try leaving it full size and placing a clean towel beneath the area you`re working on, and get the best of both worlds.