PDA

View Full Version : Windshield and windows

slvr-bullet
04-25-2002, 10:17 AM
How would you go about getting the windshield and windows clean and clear like at the car shows?? They look amazing. Almost like there isn`t any glass.

Lemonxxs
04-25-2002, 11:08 AM
Glass polish and do not drive much so they do not get pits from road debris.

Griots, Zaino, Westwood make glass polishes and I am sure there are others.

edgewise
04-25-2002, 11:38 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Guess My Name [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>.. and do not drive much so they do not get pits from road debris.

[/b]</blockquote>
LOL! Good point! My bimmer windshield after 12k miles looks sandblasted :mad:

Lemonxxs
04-25-2002, 12:42 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Gimp [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>(Unlike the windshields back in the `60s that could deflect a bowling ball. :) ) [/b]</blockquote>
Now that was FUNNY!!!!!

But it does seem true that the new safer windshields that manufacturers use seem to be softer or more prone to pitting.

Preachers Sheets
04-25-2002, 01:21 PM
Yea but way way back it wasn`t a peeble that messed up your windsheild. A huge 65 pound goose would fly through, knock out your wife and a huge 3 foot long shrad of glass would get you right in your stomach.

I`ll take the pits.

porterdog
04-25-2002, 01:25 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by joed1228 [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`> A huge 65 pound goose would fly through, knock out your wife and a huge 3 foot long shrad of glass would get you right in your stomach.[/b]</blockquote>
Drink a bunch of coffee today? j/k :)

Preachers Sheets
04-25-2002, 01:35 PM
Nah, I just like to expect the unexpected.

Funny you said that though, my eyes were just starting to close and I was dozing off. The word "coffee" brang me back to life. You gave me a little "boost" for another 5 minutes.