PDA

View Full Version : Tire Drssing help needed!!

nonwelder
04-24-2002, 11:54 PM
I am thinking about ordering some tire dressing from Top of the Line. Question is, what would be best? Their favorite, the high shine, or the waterbased? I would appreciate help on this, and I am open to other suggestions!

Thanx,

Brett:xyxthumbs

Bobby G
04-24-2002, 11:58 PM
What is your goal? Durability, shine, matte finish?

nonwelder
04-25-2002, 12:00 AM
I`d like pretty good shine and DECENT durability...Shine is my main objective.

Thanx!

BTL

PakShak
04-25-2002, 12:05 AM
Hello OneQuickGT1,

Personally, using both silicone and water based products I would go with the water based products hands down all the time.

DavidB is correct, are you looking for durability and the type of shine you want. I have posted a pic of one of my tire dressed up with a water based tire dressing that will give you a satin finish. Not to dull but not no ghetto shine like many silicone products produce.

As far as cleaning, waterbased products are easier to wash off and some do have UV protectant in them like the 303 which helps prevent cracking and fading on the tire. Silicone products tend to cling on to brake dust, dirt, and its a hassle to clean. And it also degrades the rubber on the tires at a accelerated rate. More than not even having any tire dressing on it. Because it actually, dries up the rubber.

When it comes down to it, it is really your choice.

Take care,

Ranney

Preachers Sheets
04-25-2002, 07:18 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by PakShak [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Not to dull but not no ghetto shine like many silicone products produce.[/b]</blockquote>
Well I guess I`m ghetto because I like my tires to shine. The car looks good enough, why shouldn`t the wheels.

You can have the

water based: "new" car shine, looks like new tires
or
silicone shine: "showroom" shine

Neither of them look ghetto to me, it`s all about the mood I`m in when I detail and what special event I am taking the car too. When I meet fellow Camaro owners you better beleive that tires are shining like a mother. When I just cruise the streets I like the "new" shine look.

DETAILKING
04-25-2002, 08:11 AM
but you most likely will have to wipe twice......