PDA

View Full Version : I did this, then this, help me w/my next steps

ka1srs
04-24-2002, 09:15 PM
My car got 2xAIO and 2xSG pre-winter, and got some AIO coats during the winter when I just "had" to detail.

Last week I washed, clayed, AIO`d and then topped w/Blitz.

Should I go back and AIO a few times over, then SG a few, then a Blitz topper?

Does that sound OK?

TonyTahoe
04-24-2002, 09:18 PM
If you did this last week, then AIO to remove the wax, SG 2 or 3 times and then carnuba on top of that. The AIO is a better cleaner than sealant and the SG is a better sealant than cleaner so you need to seal that "clean" in with some SG.

mp5_toronto
04-24-2002, 09:33 PM
Yep - I agree with acuracer. Doing multiple coats of AIO may actually be a waste, as the second coat of AIO will likely remove much of the initial coat. Just go with 1 coat of AIO then seal with SG... Top with Blitz if you are so inclined :cool:

YoSteve
04-24-2002, 11:03 PM
AIO is your call, the finish does actually get more slick as you use it more than once. Sorta feel it and decide if you need a go again. It kinda depended on your winter and how rough a start you have. Two "work ins" also ensure that you don`t miss any spots. AIO is so buttery smooth, I`d do it more than once :xyxthumbs

mp5_toronto
04-24-2002, 11:21 PM
Good point Yo Steve. 2 coats of AIO may be overkill in some cases, but if you need a double shot of the light clenser/polisher or if you want to be sure not to miss any parts with AIO, 2xAIO may be a good call...

YoSteve
04-24-2002, 11:23 PM
cool mp5, well with as many cars as you got, no wonder you only want 1 coat of pretty pricy AIO :xyxthumbs

mp5_toronto
04-25-2002, 08:56 AM
I wish all those cars were mine! Those are the cars that I work on. S2000 and Maxima are my parents cars, P5 is my car, Ranger is the fiances car...

Yes, when I have to do several cars in a day there is no way I`m going to spend extra time and use 2 layers of AIO, especially when I`m using something else to prepare the paint in the first place...