PDA

View Full Version : what` best? help!

steve259
04-24-2002, 09:15 PM
:nixweiss

I`m new to the forum. You guys seem to know your stuff! I`ve been reading around the net and am just confused now. I`ve got a new black bmw m3 and i just don`t know what to use (wash, clean?, polish? wax) on it. in addition, i`ve read that german paints don`t like polymers (which would point me to carnuba). also heard that some waxes stain trim/ some don`t. should i clay? should i hand or orbital (i heard no circular motion)? what would be the best process/products for preferably the least amount of effort? of course, i am a novice and if its difficult at all to use, i might screw it up...

drewski59
04-24-2002, 09:24 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by steve259 [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>:nixweiss
I`m new to the forum. You guys seem to know your stuff! I`ve been reading around the net and am just confused now. I`ve got a new black bmw m3 and i just don`t know what to use (wash, clean?, polish? wax) on it. in addition, i`ve read that german paints don`t like polymers (which would point me to carnuba). also heard that some waxes stain trim/ some don`t. should i clay? should i hand or orbital (i heard no circular motion)? what would be the best process/products for preferably the least amount of effort? of course, i am a novice and if its difficult at all to use, i might screw it up... [/b]</blockquote>
Welcome to the forum, steve259!
Zaino is awesome on black bimmers! Go look on the member pics forum and you`ll find some. The website for Z is: www.zainobros.com I`ve never heard of a certain paint not liking polymers?!?!
Anyways, I use Zaino and find it far superior to carnauba in cost, durability, and shine!!! It is by far the easiest product to use:xyxthumbs Just ask anyone here!!!
It doesn`t stain trim, has UV-40, so your black beauty never fades, um, and as far as an orbital goes, i don`t know. i just do it all by hand(not much effort) and all goes well. A pic of my car is on the other (pic) forum, also! Hope this helps!

Lemonxxs
04-24-2002, 10:07 PM
Welcome to the forum!

With that many questions I suggest getting the ebook written by the forum owner.

There is a link somewhere around here I am sure.

YoSteve
04-24-2002, 11:12 PM
The first step is to decide on what you are looking for, then we can help you decide on which route to take, that will definately help you save money since most everyone here has tried something and can tell you about it.

A good place to start is to figure out how much you`re going to spend, what your detailing habits are (how much time you`re willing to put into your car) and what you want the final result to look like.

"Best" can mean different things to different people. For example, for carnauba`s Pinnacle Souveran can be considered "the best" in many aspects, but doesn`t last. Blitz on the other hand will last a lot longer but won`t looks every so slightly as well. So it really depends on what you want.

Good luck and just have fun with it :xyxthumbs

DETAILKING
04-25-2002, 07:57 AM
It`s kind of a myth of sorts. I guess it did exsist to some extent but was blown out of proportion and gave polymers a bad name for a number of years. The worst offender was the old meguires #20. It is a very old product and I believe it was the abrasives in the product that caused mirco marring that looked like a hazing. Now the mysterious KLASSE hazing that went on all winter long is another story. My guess is that it had to do with the weather cause since it has warmed up no more issues have been reported.........

Don`t be afraid to use polymers on your BMW. They offer the best and most durable protection out there.