PDA

View Full Version : Polymers vs. Carnauba...Round 2

2wheelsx2
04-24-2002, 07:05 PM
So, I have been reading all these Z vs. Klasse vs. carnauba threads, and have been wondering if people are choosing one or another because of:

1) durability

2) appearance preference

3) ease of use

4) exclusivity

Since I have become an Autopia member, I have been spending 10x the amount of time cleaning and polishing my car. I am putting a coat of #20 on the car once a week or every other week. Spot claying, MF`ing, you name it. Seems like every member here can get away with Carnauba since they spend so much time in the garage. What say you?

Redcar GUY
04-24-2002, 07:18 PM

:wavey

MikeLS
04-24-2002, 07:22 PM
I can`t vote for just one! I like polymers for all three reasons: durability, ease of use, and appearance! <strong class=`bbc`>IMO[/b], Zaino is longest lasting, easiest to use, and looks the best on my car thus far.... So, I guess that leaves exclusivity, but it only costs $13 a bottle.....:D

I can`t vote for any of those options! LOL! :p

2wheelsx2
04-24-2002, 07:27 PM
Actually, I set the poll up to allow multiple choices, so click away!

Lone Wolf
04-24-2002, 07:45 PM
Your right about us being able to get away with carnuba..I havent gone more than a month without doing something to my truck..The good thing about Z or K is that if you DONT want to be out there every month you dont have to worry..Carnuba is more maintenance..which isnt a bad thing if you like that kind of thing..

Lemonxxs
04-24-2002, 08:03 PM
1 & 3

2wheelsx2
04-24-2002, 08:07 PM
Is it because of ease of application, i.e., easy to spread and buff off, or is it because the trim is not left with residue?

MikeLS
04-24-2002, 08:15 PM
Ease of application (speaking mostly about Zaino): It is VERY easy to spread and buff off, one of the easiest products to buff off I have ever had the pleasure to use. Also, Zaino leaves no white residue on trim, no powder, and won`t accumulate in the cracks (body lines) of the paint. The same can also be said for Klasse for the most part except it`s not quite as easy to buff out sometimes.

BTW, I voted for #1-3! Didn`t know I could before lol!

:wavey

Scottwax
04-25-2002, 09:04 PM
2 & 3 for me. Most of my customers have some pretty high end stuff and want it waxed often, so durability is not an issue. They want an extreme shine and gloss, and I need it to be easy to use for my benefit.

I use Moose Wax (Clearkote) for those who want a 1 step wax job, Meguiars Hand Polish and #26 for 2 step, and Hand Polish and Pinnacle Souveran for the high end 2 step jobs (and obviously, if they need a deeper cleaning or claying, they end up with a 3-4 step process).

My own car gets waxed about once a month and QD`ed 2-3 times a week between washes. I have an Accord, so it isn`t very big and monthly waxings don`t take that long, so I will stick with carnubas for my own use also.

ultrajim49
04-26-2002, 01:00 AM
Ease of use (I`m kind of lazy )

and durability:

to protect anything against Belgian weather it better be good

:bounce

imported_JeffBruce
04-26-2002, 08:58 AM
2 Appearance

I don;t care if it takes longer to put on or take off if the the appearance is great....