PDA

View Full Version : Got my Klasse !

amgtorre
04-24-2002, 06:44 PM
It is so long since I ordered that i forgot it was the kit with applicators ... guess what I`ll be doing the next few days ... ;)

OK time to read the Klasse application threads ...

MikeLS
04-24-2002, 06:59 PM
With the sealants like Klasse or Zaino, <strong class=`bbc`>thin! thin!! thin!!![/b] is the way to go. If Klasse SG is applied properly, it`s very easy to buff off when it`s dried.

Have fun!

:wavey

Pats300zx
04-24-2002, 07:04 PM
Your gonna love it...Just did my wife 4Runner (Millenieum Silver) and it looks fantastic. Thin coats is definitely the way to go !!!!

amgtorre
04-28-2002, 08:02 PM
OK, I did the first pass on the Altima and the Leon ...

Altima:light mettalic blue - had a couple of layers of BF pp

Leon - dark mettalic blue - had many BF PP layers and a couple of Blitz - looked really good but I was curious about Klasse and was also interested in a little longer durability.

The Altima was a breeze, AIO twice, looked really really clean, it had been clayed about 2 months ago when I got the BF.

Applied the SG and was easy to remove except the hood where I got a little rushed and applied a not so thin layer, used a damp MF towel and everything is well.

The paint in the car looks like it has a magnifying glass attached, I can see "all" the little metallic particles in the paint, color looks slightly lighter... very good reflections, smooth, and slippery.

Yesterday the Altima had a 3 hr. road trip with speeds over 80, a damp Mf towel easily cleaned the remainings of a few bugs that hit the car.

Leon: 2 days ago I tried in a rush to apply AIO to the hood and it just resulted in a bunch of marring...

Today I skipped my bike ride and started early so I could beat the heat, washed the car, and then AIO with a damp MF applicatior, long smooth strokes with moderate pressure making sure I had an even coat of AIO, did the whole car twice, rinsing the aplicatior when it looked dirty. Again the paint looked incredibly clean as it did with the Altima. SG went on with a foam applicator, movements were rather quicky so the apllicatior doesn`t get dry and I can get a thin and even layer. (It was already near 90F low humidity). Much easier to see what I`m doing with the dark color. It took over 20 minutes to apply the SG so I started buffing right after this with a Mf towel.

I have the same magnifying glass impression and slightly lighter color, very nice!

Will apply 2nd layer of SG as time permits ... probably until next weekend ...

bobs_2k2_6spd
04-28-2002, 09:06 PM
amgtorre,

Did you buy Klasse from CMA? How long did it take? I ordered some Tuesday and was hoping to get to detail my car this weekend but it isn`t here yet.:( .

How `bout posting some pics of your work on the cars?

Thanks,

Bob

JasonC8301
04-28-2002, 09:28 PM
bobs_2k2_6spd (Bob)

amgtorre lives in Mexico and I feel bad for the outside USA residence autopian`s because of the lack of car care products and the small amount of retailers that do ship outside the US.

You live in AZ (by profile) and you should be getting the Klasse Monday/Tuesday.

Please post pictures, glad you like it though :)

Jason

bobs_2k2_6spd
04-28-2002, 09:57 PM
Thanks Jason! I am looking forward to getting my CMA package and trying the Klasse. I was debating between Zaino and Klasse and opted for the durability of Klasse.

I also got one of the CMA Big Blue towels that seem so great.

I will post a couple of pics when I get the package and some time to do the detail (next weekend?).

JasonC8301
04-28-2002, 10:02 PM
Your Welcome Bob, I think you`ll like the Klasse. It will outlast any carnauba in AZ bar none.

I have the Zaino sitting on the desk mocking me since I have not used it yet on a car along with samples of Platinum, BlackFire, and a bottle of Finish First.

So many products, so little time (well lack of cars)!

Preachers Sheets
04-28-2002, 10:02 PM
I tried a new way to remove the Klasse glaze, made things even easier.

Mist the panel with a quick detail spray, wipe it off with a cotton towel then use a new towel and remove whatever amount of Glaze is left. I know it`s old news but I don`t know if you specifically have heard of this method.

amgtorre
04-29-2002, 02:21 PM
got it from klasseedirect took foerever 1.5 months !! should have gotten from CMA, my BF came from CMA and it was painless and took only about 1.5 weeks ...

I`ll post pictures once I have about 3xSG on the cars ... this gives me time to properly detail the rest of the cars (tires, trim, wheels, etc ...) to Autopian standars

I`ll try the apply/removal of SG with QD for the next layer ...

Preachers Sheets
04-29-2002, 02:26 PM
Yea, try it once without the qd and once with the qd, see what works better for you.

thecarguyGP97
04-29-2002, 03:14 PM
I just got my first batch of Klasse last week and went to work with it last weekend. When i went to apply the SG all i was thinking was THIN. When i "applied" it, i couldn`t even tell if there was any on the paint, and i have a black car!! Should it be this thin, or should you be able to barly see the sg when your done applying??

P.S. - Order Klasse from www.tacscar.com I got mine in about 6 days! and GREAT customer service!

Preachers Sheets
04-29-2002, 03:19 PM
You should hardly be able to see it...

amgtorre
05-19-2002, 09:47 PM
3rd SG coat on the Altima, it was finally easy to remove the SG and the car looks really really really shiny.

What`s different to my previous experiences with SG:

1. I wanted to start on a really clean surface so I dawn washed the car, I`m not sure how much was left of my previous AIO 2xSg, from what I have read here is should have not removed much. The paint was really clean & smooth.

2. Used a MF applicator

3. Applied Meguiars QD to the applicator

(For the previous coats I was using a dry foam applicator)

4. Applied the SG

(the moisture from the QD makes it easy to see what you`re doing)

5. vacuumed the interior and washed another car while waiting for SG to dry (about 90 minutes)

6. Buffed with a dry flannel rag (100% cotton)

Today a friend that used to work at a car paint shop commented on how shiny was my Leon (where I see klasse haze) and asked what was I using to wax the car ... it was cloudy at the time and the haze is not visible then , I told him about the haze and he quickly said that can be because I`m using too much product ...