PDA

View Full Version : Another Blackfired car...

Pages : [1] 2

Jngrbrdman
04-24-2002, 03:13 PM
This was a funny day. I was playing around on my Autopia homepage at work and my frien Kellie came over and started asking me questions about Blackfire and stuff. She wanted to know if I could make her car look like my wife`s Accord. So as a favor (and because I know that word of mouth is better than any paid advertisement) my wife and I went to her house and did her car. These pictures actually show it pretty well as it looks in real life. When the sun went down it glowed around the corners a lot better but for a direct sunlight shot, I think these do it good justice.

The funny part is that while we were doing the car in her driveway her grandma showed up. She watched as the car went from soapy from washing it to Blackfire. She was really impressed because she could tell that the car had undergone a great change. She said that it looked like it had changed color. Then her mother showed up. Same reaction. Her mother`s car is the same color as my wife`s accord and she wanted to see the pictures of it. So I emailed her the link to my site. When we got home Kellie called and said that her neighbors next door watched us do the car and they want us to do their 4-Runner. Her mother wants us to do her car as well.

So out of this one car favor we ended up picking up 3 other cars for next week. How`s that for good luck?? It was a tough decision to decide if I should use Klasse or Blackfire but I think I made the right choice. Klasse has never gotten me that kind of a reaction before.

Jngrbrdman
04-24-2002, 03:15 PM
One more of the fender. The think I really like about Blackfire is that wet look. In both of these pictures the reflections awesome because of the wet shine of BF. I really love the glow that it gives to the curves of the car. The fenders always show up the best.

04-24-2002, 03:23 PM
oh man quit taunting me!!! I want to buy the zaino system or blackfire system but I need to save my money for the PC 7336SP. These awesome pics just keep making it harder! I`ll just try and make my IS300 glossier with what I have...for now.

Preachers Sheets
04-24-2002, 03:27 PM
Hey AlBoston, I have a DeWalt DW849 polisher on the way. Did you say your car was too heavy? I can take some of your clearcoat off as a weight reduction mod. After I`m done that car will SCREAM. :p

imported_StyleTEG
04-24-2002, 09:04 PM
Looks really great! There is something really appealing about the wet look.

For those who are not car enthusiasts, blackfire seams like a much better choice. I could talk to my relatives endlessly about how zaino or klasse has better, but they would only really care about how it looked in the end. (Most of my friends are car enthusiasts, where my relatives are not)

If they don`t mind having it reapplied more often, than why not? :)

amgtorre
04-24-2002, 10:11 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by StyleTEG [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>
If they don`t mind having it reapplied more often, than why not? :) [/b]</blockquote>Recently applied BF looks fantastic and it`s a breeze to use, but to me it attracts way to much dust (so much that I couldn`t QD & I needed to wash), it shows every finger print where the car is touched as people come and admire the finish, and then looses slicknes a little to quick. I also like my car to bead water after recently waxed (sealed) . I did not notice the shine diminsih at all. These problems happened to me until topped with OGBlitz.

imported_StyleTEG
04-24-2002, 10:20 PM
Yeah, blackfire does have some dust problems. Many people I encounter are more concerned about the final shine than dust, duribility, finger prints, etc

Souveran is even worse for dust/duribility, but I know people who don`t want anything else on there car because of the end result. :)

Jngrbrdman
04-24-2002, 11:21 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by StyleTEG [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>
Souveran is even worse for dust/duribility, but I know people who don`t want anything else on there car because of the end result. :) [/b]</blockquote>
I`m suprised to hear that you`ve had that experience with Souveran. I use Souveran to decrease the dust problem with BF. After 3 or 4 coats of Souveran I didn`t even have a dust problem anymore. Are you sure you are buffing the Souveran off before you take the car out for a spin? ;) J/K man. lol

YoSteve
04-24-2002, 11:26 PM
hey J-man, so what was the combo exactly, specific names (as I am unfamiliar with the BF line) please :) Thanks

truvette
04-24-2002, 11:46 PM
Looks awesome! Wish I could try some Blackfire also, but I`m already loaded with KLASSE and carnuaba...oh well. :rolleyes:

William420
04-24-2002, 11:50 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by JM19 [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Looks awesome! Wish I could try some Blackfire also, but I`m already loaded with KLASSE and carnuaba...oh well. :rolleyes: [/b]</blockquote>
Hey I wouldn`t feel bad at all! Honestly, I still prefer Klasse over BF. Although my Klasse car is needing a carnauba topper to rival with BF shine; however, Klasse gave my car a candy coated look which I didn`t see with BF! Not to mention superior durability!

Of course, BF is also good but personally I really prefer Klasse!

Jngrbrdman
04-24-2002, 11:59 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by YoSteve [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>hey J-man, so what was the combo exactly, specific names (as I am unfamiliar with the BF line) please :) Thanks [/b]</blockquote>
There are 2 steps with Blackfire. Kinda like Klasse. The first step (after washing, of course. They have a shampoo for that too.) is the Gloss Enhancing Polish (GEP)($16.95 at CMA (`http://www.properautocare.com`)). The GEP works like AIO in that it cleans the paint and gives you a good base to apply the next step. I have noticed that it takes out a large number of swirls, but not all of them. I was glad to see a reduction, personally.

The next step is the All Finish Paint Protection (AFPP)($24.95). This is the stuff that really makes the car shine. I hesitated on this car to use the AFPP because the GEP did so well all by itself that I thought I`d try just a coat of Souveran and see what it looks like. I decided not to cheat the system and used the AFPP instead. It really makes the body lines glow. The directions from Blackfire say that you must first use a polish before using the AFPP. It is a must. So unlike Klasse (where you can skip the AIO stage) you pretty much have to do both bottles. The Blackfire Complete Kit (`http://www.properautocare.com/blaccomkit.html`) is so worth it if you ask me. You get the whole Blackfire system including the shampoo and the gloss enhancing spray (which works amazing!), but you also get the Pinnacle clay kit as well. It is very worth it to anyone that is in a position to drop a hundred bucks on a new detailing kit. I`ve made back the cost of two of those kits just from doing this one lady`s car where other people could see the transformation. I love Blackfire even though it does have its downsides.

imported_StyleTEG
04-25-2002, 07:36 AM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Jngrbrdman [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>

I`m suprised to hear that you`ve had that experience with Souveran. [/b]</blockquote>
Yeah, for some reason souveran is a dust magnet. The city I live in is pretty bad for dust to begin with, which I am sure is part of the problem. But Blackfire seamed to be a little better with dust than souveran.

Maybe Ann Arbor dust likes expensive car wax ;)

DETAILKING
04-25-2002, 08:17 AM
For a carnuba, souveran doesn`t attract much dust at all. At least that is my experience with it......

YoSteve
04-25-2002, 08:20 AM
Cool Tony, it seems like BF might be a good, "upper class" wax for customers that want "more". You would work in the first coat with a PC and top with the other. Then they would be coming back for more, bringing their friends! :up

Do you apply a lot like a wax? or a little. How`s the removal aspect? Is there a lot of dust? Thanks