PDA

View Full Version : Stripping Zaino

Lone Wolf
04-24-2002, 11:23 AM
Will a glaze like Meg #7 or OG Omega strip Zaino?? I want to do some experiments and wanted to strip 1/2 the hood and apply other products to compare to Z..

Thanks

BradE
04-24-2002, 11:24 AM
Glazes will not strip Z. You can use Alcohol or a very fine abrasive like SMR.

For alcohol put on, let dwell for at minute or two then wipe off.

Lone Wolf
04-24-2002, 11:40 AM
Thanks!!

JimO
04-25-2002, 10:27 AM
SRL:

When you mentioned alcohol, is that the same as the rubbing alcohol you can buy at Walgreens for $.39 a bottle? Or this a different alcohol you have to buy like at Home Depot?

Do you basically wash the car in alcohol? Or treat it like a sealant? Work it in, buff it out?

BradE
04-25-2002, 11:15 AM
Use 70% or higher Isopropal (sp?) Alcohol, you can get it at drug stores or many other places. I just have it straight, no mixing, in a spray bottle. Spray on a good amount, leave it dwell for around 2-3 minutes and don`t let it dry on the surface. You can respray with more alcohol to keep it wet if you need to. Then use a couple MF towels to agitate the solution and help removal any final bits of sealant. Then rinse the panel very well. Obviously this needs to be done to a cool surface and in a shady place. Do this for each panel you want to strip and then wash the entire car with your normal wash once you are done. :xyxthumbs

jlward1946
04-25-2002, 05:13 PM
This is exactly what I was looking for, a non abrasive, non dawn wash technique to remove zaino. Thanks!! Is there any remote chance that the alcohol could damage the paint in any way?