PDA

View Full Version : Question on Detailing with BF with limited Time

PeterY
04-23-2002, 06:53 PM
HI Guys

I`m sorta new to detailing and i`m going to attending a meet where i can meet other Acura Car owners. I have a black car and i was wondering what is the best way that I can wax my car to get it to the best shine possible. I only have about 4 occasions to wax my car becasue of SAT`s, AP`s and school. SO right now i have BF wax and QD. I have applied about three coats of BF polish and Wax. FOr these next couple of weeks what is the best thing to do. I heard that the polish strips the layers of wax. Is this true? WHat gives a better shine Wax or Polish. I was thinking like 1 layer of wax and polish for 2 weeks, then going 2 layers of polish and wax for the last 2 weeks. Or would just all wax be better. Thanks

PEter

Lone Wolf
04-23-2002, 07:20 PM
The way I understand it is the polish WILL remove the BF sealant.

imported_BretFraz
04-23-2002, 09:32 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Lone Wolf [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>The way I understand it is the polish WILL remove the BF sealant. [/b]</blockquote>
That`s pretty much my understanding too. There`s no real benefit for the "polish-wax-polish-wax" routine. You are just repeating steps over and over with no advantages.

Use the BF polish for as many steps as you see fit. If you`re car is showing some serious swirls or dullness then maybe you`re better off polishing with another product like SMR or FI2 prior to BF polish.

To make your car look its best you really need to focus on the polish step. Forget about wax or protectant for now. Just do whatever you have to in order to make the paint look as good as possible. When you get there then use your protectant step. If that`s BF protectant, fine.

After the BF protectant you might want to add a carnauba topper like One Grand Blitz or Pinnacle Souveran. I`ve done that and so has Lone Wolf. IMO, it looked fantastic and gave the paint that extra glow and depth that is somewhat missing from BF.