PDA

View Full Version : Which sealant: 3m IHG or Klasse sealant glaze? Put wax on top?

ChicagoRay
04-22-2002, 03:06 PM
which one?

I was going to put P21s wax on top, since I already have it... thoughts?

BradE
04-22-2002, 03:08 PM
3M IHG is not a sealant, it`s just a hand glaze that some people use before waxing.

I would not use 3M IHG over Klasse, the high solvent content in the IHG can actually eat away at the Klasse over time.

ChicagoRay
04-22-2002, 03:12 PM
I already own P21s Polish and Wax so I`m using them - I`m not using the Klasse all in one 1st....

I`m new so I`m not sure of the exact terminology - but by sealant I refer to stuff that I will put on after polish that gives that deep shiney wet look, then you put wax on top to protect that finish.... Right? :confused: :)

vettefan67
04-22-2002, 03:15 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by trkmedic69 [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I already own P21s Polish and Wax so I`m using them - I`m not using the Klasse all in one 1st....

I`m new so I`m not sure of the exact terminology - but by sealant I refer to stuff that I will put on after polish that gives that deep shiney wet look, then you put wax on top to protect that finish.... Right? [/b]</blockquote><em class=`bbc`>Click picture![/i]

A great guide for new detailers. You will find many of your questions can and will be answered there, not to mention all the other cool stuff you`ll learn! It`s also a wonderful way to support the forum :up

Lemonxxs
04-22-2002, 03:16 PM
Sealants are considered polymers that seal the paint and provide more protection than a carnuba wax.

Zaino, Klasse, Blackfire, Liquid Glass, Finish First, Meguiars #20 are some popular Polymer sealants.

imported_Ranger
04-22-2002, 03:18 PM
Would you use Klasse AIO or SG as the sealent on a newer car?

ChicagoRay
04-22-2002, 03:20 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Guess My Name [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Sealants are considered polymers that seal the paint and provide more protection than a carnuba wax.

Zaino, Klasse, Blackfire, Liquid Glass, Finish First, Meguiars #20 are some popular Polymer sealants. [/b]</blockquote>
So if I`m already "Dawning" and Polishing, is it a "Glaze" that I`m looking for to put between polish and waxing? If so - which glaze is the question i`m asking... Silver car, want the super deep shine and gloss.

Or am I missing another step?

Lemonxxs
04-22-2002, 03:22 PM
Depends on the paint if I would use AIO. Both are a sealant but AIO cleans and removes some oxidation etc.

Some prefer to use AIO (1-2 layers) + SG (1-4 layers).

I suggest reading about each product on the CMA website as they have good info about each. Also many threads on here discuss the pros & cons as well.

Also the paint color would also be a key in determining which brand sealant I would use.

imported_Ranger
04-22-2002, 03:25 PM
The CMA website list two cons for both AIO and SG.

Con: Can highlight swirls and paint imperfections.

Con: Some enthusiasts feel the shine is "sterile" on dark color cars.

Doesn`t sound liek what I`d be looking for on a black car.

ChicagoRay
04-22-2002, 03:28 PM
yeah i have a silver car...

I already have P21s Polish and Wax. Can the P21s Polish and a wash with P21s bodywash or dawn take the place of the Klasse AIO?

Lemonxxs
04-22-2002, 03:46 PM
If your paint is clean, oxidation free, etc etc then I feel AIO is not required. Others will disagree but that is why we have this forum.

PS for Silver paint I would consider Zaino as it looks better to me on Silver than Klasse. But that is my opinion.