PDA

View Full Version : Water Spies

Pages : [1] 2

jkochis
04-22-2002, 03:05 PM
Interesting article for those of you unfortunate enough to be under water restrictions...

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/local/3096137.htm (`http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/local/3096137.htm`)

THERUSE
04-22-2002, 03:25 PM
quote from the article:

"My solution," the environmentalist quipped, "is that I just never wash my car."

/quote

:scared

nah uh, say it ain`t so :(

picorrect
04-22-2002, 09:58 PM
I live in Mt Laurel and I ratted out some guy washing two of his cars outside on a busy street. Called the cops and told them. Hey, follow the rules.

KSCobra46
04-23-2002, 08:55 AM
All these environmentalist crybabies really irritate me! If or when the state I live in imposes a car wash ban I`m going to wash anyway, even if I have to get out of bed at 3 am and wash the car in the garage. Furthermore, it`s none of my nieghbors business what I do. :o

Bobby G
04-23-2002, 10:09 AM
KSCobra46,

I don`t think conserving water is being a crybaby. If you`ve never lived through a drought, you can`t imagine what it`s like. To get upset when you see your neighbor washing their car when your lawn/garden are brown and dead is not crying, it`s reasonable.

I live in an area where a drought every 7 years is expected. There are alternate ways to keep our cars clean that do not waste water when it is hard to come by. I don`t expect anyone to change how they feel about not being able to wash their car, but come on... what`s more important, a glass of water to drink or a clean car?

Just a thought.

db

imported_BretFraz
04-23-2002, 10:20 AM
Here in Georgia we`re going on our 5th <strong class=`bbc`>consecutive year[/b] of drought. My county is entering its 3rd year of water restrictions. No car washing at all from 10AM to 10PM. Car washing is permitted before 10AM or after 10PM on odd numbered days for residents with odd numbered addresses, and even numbered days for residents of even numbered addressses.

Coin-Op car washes and full service car washes are not affected by the restrictions.

So far it hasn`t cramped my style nor anyone else`s from what I can see. I either get out early AM and do it or take my car to the DIY joint. No problem.

I agree that water conservation should be everyone`s responsibility. Every little thing you can do makes a difference.

Steve @ Guru
04-23-2002, 11:41 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by bretfraz [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>So far it hasn`t cramped my style nor anyone else`s from what I can see. I either get out early AM and do it or take my car to the DIY joint. No problem.
[/b]</blockquote>
Tell the truth, bret....how often do you wash your car??

ROTFLMAO <--- I crack me up sometimes... :D

Preachers Sheets
04-23-2002, 12:53 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by KSCobra46 [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>All these environmentalist crybabies really irritate me! If or when the state I live in imposes a car wash ban I`m going to wash anyway, even if I have to get out of bed at 3 am and wash the car in the garage. Furthermore, it`s none of my nieghbors business what I do. :o [/b]</blockquote>
If I am following the rules and you are out there breaking them, causing the fines each year to go up higher and higher because you don`t want to follow the rules then you better beleive I am going to step in.

The guy was a complete moron in the first place, why couldn`t he wash the car inside, in the backof his house or at friends garage. That fool deserves the fine.

imported_BretFraz
04-23-2002, 01:24 PM
I went to my county`s website to read their water conservation tips. Here`s a real gem (hold your nose):

<strong class=`bbc`> Some "hard-core" conservationists don`t flush the toilet after each use. They live by the credo "If it`s yellow, let it mellow; if it`s brown, flush it down." [/b]

Lemonxxs
04-23-2002, 01:27 PM
Oh GAWDDDDDDDDDD.

They might as well go find a fire hydrant and lift leg like a dog.

Preachers Sheets
04-23-2002, 01:35 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by bretfraz [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I went to my county`s website to read their water conservation tips. Here`s a real gem (hold your nose):

<strong class=`bbc`> Some "hard-core" conservationists don`t flush the toilet after each use. They live by the credo "If it`s yellow, let it mellow; if it`s brown, flush it down." [/b] [/b]</blockquote>
Jeepers creepers, it`s America, we don`t live in some country that no one has heard of. I pay taxes and so forth, I am gonna flush that bowl when I want to. Suppose you have people over, there going to think your some nature freaks from Maine who clean yourself with your tounge.

So what happens if you drink alot of fluids, your **** is going to be really clear, you could get 60 people in there pissing in your bowl clear and you don`t flush because it`s yellow? Yea, that`s a house I want to hang out in.

Build an outhouse with a big hole in your lawn if you don`t want to flush.

KSCobra46
04-23-2002, 01:36 PM
Yes I may break the rules. I have lived in areas that have water restrictions and in my previous career was one of the people who was tasked with imposing such restrictions. Trust me, even when most (key word here is most) areas place restrictions on water it is done WELL in advance of any real threat. I`m not going to get in an arguement about this, but i have my reasons for what I posted. Sorry if I offended anyone, that was/is not my intention.

YoSteve
04-23-2002, 01:36 PM
Are you allowed to wash your car with purchased water?

I mean if you go to a store and buy a jug and wash it with that, is that okay?

Second, why don`t people that sneak wash their cars inside the garage? ;)

Preachers Sheets
04-23-2002, 01:42 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by YoSteve [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Are you allowed to wash your car with purchased water?
I mean if you go to a store and buy a jug and wash it with that, is that okay?

Second, why don`t people that sneak wash their cars inside the garage? ;) [/b]</blockquote>
That`s what I`m saying, if you know you live on a block with die hard detail freaks and you know they all want to wash their car but they`re not because of the restrictions, why are you going to wash yours in plain day light. It`s like your ASKING for trouble.

Cobra - Don`t get me wrong, I would prob be one of the addicts in his garage washing his car but for someone to wash their car in the street I think he deserves what he got.

KEEP GOING STRONG AND IGNORE THOSE WATER RESTRICTIONS. WE WASH WHEN WE WANT TO!!!! Yeeeeee HAAAW :p

KSCobra46
04-23-2002, 02:02 PM
I like the idea of purchased water and if it hasn`t rained it really wouldn`t take alot of water to wash a dusty car. Around here we get very dry almost every summer, but many homes have private wells for watering lawns, gardens and...washing cars! If that is the case the home owner simply puts a sign in thier yard stating that they are using well water.