PDA

View Full Version : About to order a Porter Cable 7336SP... What "accessories" or pads do I need???

ChicagoRay
04-22-2002, 12:08 PM
About to order this:

http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/port/pr7424.htm?L+coastest+lyhw7292ffe34de3+1019503489 (`http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/port/pr7424.htm?L+coastest+lyhw7292ffe34de3+1019503489` )

What accessories or pads should I get for polishing, sealing and waxing... I`ve heard something about a "hook & loop" backing? Does that come with the PC or is it optional?

Pats300zx
04-22-2002, 12:35 PM
Classic Motor Accessories sells a kit with like 6 pads for the PC. I purchased it and it comes with 2 white pads, a yellow pad, lambwool and others. You might want to take a look at it.

TonyTahoe
04-22-2002, 05:18 PM
I would actually advise against the entire CMA kit. You need the velcro disk, at least 2 white polishing pads, maybe 1 yellow cutting pad and maybe a microfibre bonnet. I don`t know anyone who has found a use for the lambswool or the other pads in the CMA "kit". I would buy them separately if I was to do it again.

rstype
04-22-2002, 05:24 PM
I suggest waxing and sealing by hand. It`s quicker and easier for most beginner detailers. I would only use a D/A polisher such as the 7336SP if you have some swirls or scratches that you need to tackle.

04-22-2002, 05:31 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Acuracer [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I would actually advise against the entire CMA kit. You need the velcro disk, at least 2 white polishing pads, maybe 1 yellow cutting pad and maybe a microfibre bonnet. I don`t know anyone who has found a use for the lambswool or the other pads in the CMA "kit". I would buy them separately if I was to do it again. [/b]</blockquote>
it says on the CMA site u need the lambswool to use the MF bonnet. Im confused. Is that powerscrubber MF bonnet good?

imported_Intel486
04-22-2002, 07:03 PM
I would buy the kit if you`re getting the PC. The only thing you do not really use are the terry cloth bonnets b/c they are so scratchy but i have heard ppl using them on their wheels before.

You`ll need the lambswool pad for use with the MF bonnets.

If I was gonna do it again, then I would have gotten some more white and yellow pads so I wouldn`t have to place a second order like I`m gonna have to do.

Get the kit. It is worth it.