PDA

View Full Version : what is a good glaze for lasting deep shine on silver car?

ChicagoRay
04-22-2002, 08:53 AM
So far I am planning to use P21S car wash, polish and wax... What is a good glaze for in between the polish and wax?

DETAILKING
04-22-2002, 09:02 AM
eom

rd_volvo
04-22-2002, 09:14 AM
One Grand Omega.

ChicagoRay
04-22-2002, 09:28 AM
whats the dilly-o with "Klasse"?

Are any of these harder / easier to apply or notcibly different in some realm?

truvette
04-22-2002, 10:01 AM
3M IHG seems to be better at filling any imperfections. Some think the gloss tends to be better in IHG as it is loaded with more oils and fillers. I have yet to try Omega Glaze but I hear it`s an awesome product.

:cool:

Lemonxxs
04-22-2002, 10:08 AM
IHG is a temporary product that will not last with out some topper and is designed to fill in paint defects and cover them up like make up..

KLASSE is a Polymer sealant system not designed so much to hide defects but to enhance the existing paint finish.

ChicagoRay
04-22-2002, 10:27 AM
I do plan to wax over the sealant.... Does that effect anything?

Lemonxxs
04-22-2002, 11:28 AM
With Klasse ....

AIO first if your paint needs it. Then SG (I suggest 3 layers minimum). Then you can top with a carnuba of choice.

Before applying any sealant you want your paint prep work to be done ....Ie.....Swirls removed, Oxidation removed, Contaminates removed, etc etc.

ChicagoRay
04-22-2002, 11:30 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Guess My Name [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>With Klasse ....

AIO first if your paint needs it. Then SG (I suggest 3 layers minimum). Then you can top with a carnuba of choice.

Before applying any sealant you want your paint prep work to be done ....Ie.....Swirls removed, Oxidation removed, Contaminates removed, etc etc. [/b]</blockquote>
So would it be no good to use P21S polish & wax (which I already have) along with the Klasse sealant?

Lemonxxs
04-22-2002, 11:37 AM
Klasse as with most if not all polymer sealants need a clean surface for proper bonding. That is a wax free and oil free surface.

Some apply these sealants over paint cleaner products such as Pinnacle Paint Cleansing lotion and the similar P21S product.

The worse thing I see happening is the sealant may not last as long as it could.

ChicagoRay
04-22-2002, 11:41 AM
so I assume you think that one should use Klasses whole line for best results?

Lemonxxs
04-22-2002, 11:49 AM
Not necessarily.

I think Paint Color, driving conditions....Ie Daily versus Weekend..... as well as the final look you want should be factors in determining what products you want to use.

I actually prefer Zaino on My truck since it is a silver metalic and is driven a lot through all sorts of crappy manufacturing plants.

Most Zaino users do not top it with carnuba.

A bunch of Klasse users top klasse with Carnuba.

Heck you do not have to even use a Polymer. THe choice is yours.

I say experiment with different products until you get the look you are after and the desired level of paint protection.

HTH

rstype
04-22-2002, 05:20 PM
<strong class=`bbc`>glaze:[/b] There is no such thing as a long-lasting glaze. They only temporarily fill minor swirls from its oils and solvents. Such examples of glazes are 3M Imperial Hand Glaze, One Grand Omega, and Meguiar`s Show Car Glaze. Klasse SG is <em class=`bbc`>not[/i] a glaze!

<strong class=`bbc`>sealant:[/b] Sealants are protective, long-lasting synthetic waxes. Examples of sealant include Zaino or Klasse.

One of each can be used before waxes. Do not use both glazes and sealants at the same time!

ChicagoRay
04-22-2002, 07:34 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by BW [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`><strong class=`bbc`>glaze:[/b] There is no such thing as a long-lasting glaze. They only temporarily fill minor swirls from its oils and solvents. Such examples of glazes are 3M Imperial Hand Glaze, One Grand Omega, and Meguiar`s Show Car Glaze. Klasse SG is <em class=`bbc`>not[/i] a glaze!

<strong class=`bbc`>sealant:[/b] Sealants are protective, long-lasting synthetic waxes. Examples of sealant include Zaino or Klasse.

One of each can be used before waxes. Do not use both glazes and sealants at the same time! [/b]</blockquote>
So when is it appropriate to apply a glaze and when is it better to have a sealant?

If I plan on applying a wax (p21s) over it, should I use a glaze like 3m IHG?

rstype
04-22-2002, 09:41 PM
I would apply a sealant for maximum protection on my daily driver. I would slap on some glaze if I don`t have much time and want to get the car looking good... regardless of durability. Also some show winners also use a glaze for its oils, hence its added shine.

If you plan to use the P21S wax, you may choose either one. I would rather use a sealant like Klasse.