PDA

View Full Version : Tough Time Removing Zaino

imported_89LXi
04-22-2002, 07:56 AM
I had a tough time removing Z5 from our `02 Expedition Saturday. I`m kind of lost as to why. Here are the details:

After washing with Z6 and drying, I mixed up an ounce of Z5 with 4 drops of ZFX. Application was done using one of Zaino`s 100% cotton applicators with the vehicle parked in the garage. After 3 coats, I still had about one-fourth of an ounce remaining in the bottle, so I know I put on some thin coats. Temperature was 80 to 85 and humidity was probably between 60% and 75% (normal for Houston this time of year). Normally there is no effort to remove the dried Z5 but my shoulders felt like they were going to drop off by the time I finished. The finish was incredible. My wife commented that she could put her lipstick on by looking into the side of the Expy.

I did the finger swipe check to make sure the Z5 was dry. One thing I did notice was that the Z5 seemed to dry on the vehicle as soon as the applicator made a pass. Anyone have any ideas on what I might have done wrong?

Lemonxxs
04-22-2002, 09:58 AM
Do you mean you Quick Detailed with the Z6 QD spray after washing with Z7?

Anyhoot......

Did you QD the paint with Z6 QD prior to applying Z5?

Did you spray Z6 QD on your Applicator pad?

mikenomad57@hotmail.com
04-22-2002, 10:54 AM
with ZFZ, you should remove zaino after 20 mins. Did you QD the car between coats?

imported_89LXi
04-22-2002, 12:24 PM
I QD`d with Z6 before and after the first coat. Nothing after the second and third. Time and strength were short. Removal of all 3 coats were all difficult.

I did spray the applicator with Z6 before using it.

Lemonxxs
04-22-2002, 01:00 PM
Did you use Cotton or Mf towels? I find Cotton removes it a bit easier than MF as the MF tends to grab a bit.

Are you sure it was dry with the finger test everywhere?

And finally my last explanation is:

I have no idea:nixweiss LOL

imported_89LXi
04-22-2002, 01:13 PM
I removed with cotton towels. I have tried MF before but found it to load up and drag. The cotton just glides. Or at least it did before. I did notice the finish to be even slicker than previous coats.

It appeared to be dry everywhere. Maybe it wasn`t because of the humidity. :confused:

My pain is eased when I look at the magnificent shine of our Expedition. ;)

Lemonxxs
04-22-2002, 02:05 PM
Well glad you are happy at the look and think of it this way you will not need to apply any more for a long time so it gives you time to work out and build that arm strength up. LOL