PDA

View Full Version : Audio fans help!!!!!!!!

hkross
04-21-2002, 09:41 PM
I was at a grage sale last friday and they had a cd changer for sale. They stright up said it didnt work. But at a One dollar I figured I try and fix it and if it didnt work I can always leave it in my car so pepole think I have a changer. Anybody know what might be wrong with it?

imported_BretFraz
04-21-2002, 09:52 PM
Only one way ot find out - power it up and see what happens.

Do you have a controller and a wiring harness for it? Hook it to a 12V power supply and see what it does.

If it doesn`t work I`d toss it. Why let others think you have a changer? All they`ll want to do is bust into your car and steal it.

smfrycruzr
04-22-2002, 11:14 AM
take it to a electronics repair shop...shouldn`t cost more than 35.00 to fix...nice deal!

hkross
04-22-2002, 09:40 PM
D copp it is a audiovox prestige in other words a wal mart brand. It wouldnt be worth it. Now bret you do have a point but got a car with a remvable pannel on the dash for like a clok and the display fits in it just right so it looks alot cooler. Plus i have an alarm.

smfrycruzr
04-23-2002, 07:23 PM
you know what? I saw that item today at KMart...buy a new one switch them in the box and return it...problem solved...that is an old swap meet trick some friends of mine have used in the past...don`t feel bad about doing it either because i`ve worked retail and returns usually end up being destroyed by receiving personnel...it`s fun too!

hkross
04-23-2002, 08:22 PM
I have a very strong consience. I dont think i could do it.