PDA

View Full Version : Zaino, Klasse, or Blackfire on a light metalic car?

jorjorksor
04-21-2002, 02:07 PM
I have a 01` Camaro SS in Pewter Metalic. I`ve searched and looked through the archives and really haven`t come to a conclusion on really what to use. I was planning on using klasse till I read in some more and saw that zaino is suppose to look better on light cars, yet klasse helps the metalic flakes... Anyone have any suggestions or experieces? thanks

Jngrbrdman
04-21-2002, 02:16 PM
On a silver car I would go with Klasse topped with Pinnacle Paste Glaze (or Souveran). Blackfire would look just as good but the Klasse with the carnuba topper will last longer. Even after the carnuba glow fades you will still have the shine and protection of Klasse underneath. Blackfire won`t last as long as Klasse. Blackfire on your car would look similar to what it looks like on my wifes champange colored Accord. Check my homepage on the projects page. The wet glow is really impressive. Carnuba on Klasse is very similar to just Blackfire alone as far as apperance goes.

BradE
04-21-2002, 02:33 PM
I have had Klasse and Zaino on my Silver Lincoln, of the two I like Zaino better on silver.:up

vettefan67
04-21-2002, 02:40 PM
Hey northwoodu, check This thread out! (`http://www.autopia-carport.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9459`)

jorjorksor
04-21-2002, 10:59 PM
Thanks! Think that i`m going to stick with the klasse

vettefan67
04-22-2002, 12:47 AM
You said above that Klasse helps metallic flakes. Being the owner of a black metallic car which was previously Klassed, I must disagree. Klasse darkened the paint and made the metallic particles noticeably harder to see.

I`m still deciding if Zaino simply doesn`t mask them or enhances them along with the paint, but it certainly does not lessen their appearance anywhere near the amount that Klasse does. :)

imported_Intermezzo
04-22-2002, 03:18 AM
I haven`t tried any of the products on pewter gray, but on silver, I`ve tried both Zaino and Klasse. My opinions? I`m with Showroom on this one. Zaino really made the metallic flakes on my car stand out and shine. It`s the glossiest of the three polymers which I think would make the most sense on a light metallic car.