PDA

View Full Version : How often do you clean the inside?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_nihoole
04-21-2002, 07:15 AM
How often do you guys clean the inside of your car compared to the outside?I know most of us here wash at least once a week but do you do the same for the inside?

buldog
04-21-2002, 08:54 AM
Once a month vac.

Twice a month clean inside windows. Unless they need spot cleaning.

Every wash, pull mats and shake out.

Trunk twice a year.

Redcar GUY
04-21-2002, 09:00 AM
I would have to say once a month, unless it is in the winter. I do it more often then

Pats300zx
04-21-2002, 10:56 AM
I just started using the Swifters on my interior. They are great and really pick up the dust etc. :up

imported_nihoole
04-21-2002, 11:26 AM
I also only clean the inside about once a month but often spot clean.The matts get washed about every other outside wash and the same with the windows.I love the swiffers they are great and alot of the time while waiting on the kids to come out of school I will wipe the dash and air vents off with one.I agree the trick is not to let it get to bad in between major cleanings.:up

BradE
04-21-2002, 11:52 AM
Vac and wipe down interior once a week, do windows once a week, apply 303 to interior once a month, shampoo carpets and seats as needed.

Once you get your interior cleaned up it`s not much work to keep it looking nice. :up

Jngrbrdman
04-21-2002, 11:55 AM
I need to vacuum a little more often but I use the Swiffers too and they keep it in pretty good shape. I rarely have passengers in my car so the only side that gets dirty is the driver side. Since I would rather die than eat in the car and I don`t have any mud or dirt nearby me, the interior doesn`t usually get that dirty. I vacuum once a month and detail the dash and leather but I need to do a real job on it soon. I`m going to get some good leather treatment and really go to town on the interior next week.

PakShak
04-21-2002, 01:14 PM
Well, I vacuum the car about every two weeks so I would clean the inside at the same time. I first vacuum the car then next I use a little damp MF towel to remove the dust/lint. Then I apply on a nice interior protectant with a foam applicator. I notice using a foam applicator the interior protectant goes a long way. And for the final step, I follow it up with a dry MF towel to buff off the residue. Since the MF towel does not lint it is great as the last step. Hate to work that hard to put back the lint. I notice cotton terry cloths and baby diapers lint. For interior cleaning, I find that works the best for me. For the floor mats I use a diluted mixture of Frank`s Cleaner to take off the grime and red dirt. All in all, it takes me about 30-45 minutes depending how dirty the floor mats are.

DK Mobile
04-21-2002, 10:42 PM
My vehicles are detailed inside and out once a week, time permitting. I have yet to have to shampoo the interior carpets. My wife and I are neat-niks.

Leather gets treated with conditioner once a month in the summer and in the winter it gets it twice a month due to the heater being on much more. Dry air will hurt leather.

To drive my car and drink my Starbucks, I must have a clean environment. Not to mention listen to my favorite talk radio station :)

ultrajim49
04-22-2002, 01:00 AM
every other week I vacuum and dust the interior.

Once a month I wash the interior :windows , dash , sides of doors ,...

Takes me about one hour and a half to do it

:xyxthumbs

imported_Intermezzo
04-22-2002, 02:13 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by buldog [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Once a month vac.
Twice a month clean inside windows. Unless they need spot cleaning.
Every wash, pull mats and shake out.
Trunk twice a year. [/b]</blockquote>
This pretty much mirrors my interior routine.

I also dress the interior every month, and clean/condition the leather twice a year.

Lemonxxs
04-22-2002, 09:57 AM
Vacuum every week (Takes like 10 mins)

Apply Zaino Leather in a bottle every other week to all interior parts.

Clean Windshield once a week with Stoners.

Clean side windows at least everyother week with stoners but wipe down every week with MF.

All in all the interior takes like 20-30 mins tops when I am doing everything. Cleaning my Heavy Duty rubber floor mats takes longer than anything ecspecially applying protectant to them when done..........all the dayum little channels and ribs.............

caddyman
04-22-2002, 10:14 AM
I vacuumm twice a week, clean all mirrirs and windows, floormats, wipe down every weekend. I clean carpets that need it on a month to month basis

Lemonxxs
04-22-2002, 11:38 AM
I thought od something as I got back from the store.......

Does wiping interior down at stop lights count?????

I know everyone here wipes there dash down at least once during a drive. But does this count for cleaning the interior?

If so then everytime I drive!!!

:D

YoSteve
04-22-2002, 04:55 PM
I use a MF at traffic lights, and a laquer brush to get those hard to reach areas and vents.

The swiffer fibers break off on my rough VW dash, plus I don`t trust them around my soft plastic (radio face plate) and the wood trim and chrome detail. Be careful around areas prone to scratching, especially the speedo guage.

I vac like once a month, my big phat floor matts trap most of the dirt and water though.