PDA

View Full Version : layer bf and bf polish like z2/z5?

wizardofahs
04-20-2002, 08:49 PM
I didn`t think it would work because of the abrasives... which CMA states can remove wax... but according to the blackfire faq on the CMA page:

"On subsequent details, can I apply Gloss Enhancing Polish on top of All Finish Paint Protection?

Yes. The gentle cleaners in Gloss Enhancing Polish will remove road grime, salt and mineral deposits that car wash shampoos can’t touch. After polishing, remember to finish with All Finish Paint Protection as the final, top coating. Gloss Enhancing Polish has no protective properties. If you do not have time to do both steps (polish & protect), just wipe on another coat of All Finish Paint Protection. "

straight from the horses mouth... i guess it works the same.. they are interchangable (though you have to finish with a bf paint protection), just like z2/z5. I wonder if more apps of the polish fill in swirls.. might have a nice effect from doing bfp/bf/bfp/bf/bfp/bf and keep alternating... anyone try it? I`m going to the next chance i get.

Lone Wolf
04-20-2002, 08:57 PM
The way Im reading this is that the polish WILL remove the BF..

Thats why they say to finish with BF because after the polish there is no protection. They are compatible but the polish will remove the BF..

With Z2/Z5 there is no polishing being done (no abrasives in either Z2/Z5) so you are continously layering.

Of course I could be dead wrong:scared

Steve @ Guru
04-20-2002, 09:00 PM
I dunno...I smell something funny. BF = BS? :rolleyes:

I found that when I used BF to clean those BMW wheels, both the Polish & the Protectant seemed to work exactly the same on the wheels. I`m willing to bet that if you tried using the Protectant to clean the sap/grime/etc you`d get the same results as you would had you used the Polish.

Also, Z2 & Z5 are both protectants only. Neither has any cleaning abilitiy, which raises another point - if I were to use the BF Polish and layer it with the Protectant, wouldn`t the Polish just remove the Protectant? After all, it has gentle cleaners, right? Or is it smart enough to not harm BF Protectant?

The whole BF thing seems fishy to me. At first, I loved it, it was easy to use and I liked the look, but after it only lasted about 500 miles on a garage queen MB that I detailed, I was very disappointed. Further, both products seem to be the same to me, and their wash seems pretty agressive. Sorry for the rant, but in my book, BF = :nixweiss

JonB
04-21-2002, 09:04 AM
I think that the BF Polish is just a polish.....no sealant. So if you us the Polish over the Protectant, you are removing the Protectant layer and cleaning the clearcoat. If you want to seal it again, you have to put the Protectant back on. The Protectant by itself can be layered once you are happy with the prep work.

This is sort of similar to AIO which can`t be layered either. The difference here is that you can stop with just the AIO since it will leave a layer of sealant on. If you want to continue layers you have to go the SG which will not strip anything.

BF has a nice deep shine but stay away from the wash... It will prematurely wash away that shine! I have about 5 or 6 layers on the Mustang and it has been a few months...shine still pretty good. Collects dust though pretty fast :(

rmccall6
04-21-2002, 10:05 AM
This is not BS guys, BF polish will remove he protectant. bigboyhf, I`m going to experament with P21S wax as a topper to BF. This should help with the dust while adding to shine.

imported_BretFraz
04-21-2002, 10:29 AM
I have both BF products and the shampoo. What I`d like to know is exactly what make BF polish different from BF protectant. I can`t really say one performed much different that the other. I know what CMA tells us, but what are the differences in ingredients?

I think that info will answer all the questions.