PDA

View Full Version : Honestly

Pages : [1] 2

hkross
04-20-2002, 02:21 PM
Can you tell the diffriance between using meguiars or using klase/zaino/ect? I really would like to know

BradE
04-20-2002, 02:25 PM
Yes, you can tell the difference in looks, feel and durability.

Jngrbrdman
04-20-2002, 02:34 PM
There is a definate difference. I used to be a huge fan of Meguiar`s 3 step process. I used to do that every 3 months on my car before I discovered Klasse. One layer of AIO and 2 of SG and I swore that my 3 stage waxing days were over. The car looked cleaner and brighter than it had ever looked before. I was literally blinded by the light. :D Meguiar`s makes some other good products but no matter how many layers of any Meguiar`s product I feel that you will still get a better shine and durability from Klasse (and I would imagine Zaino as well).

rstype
04-20-2002, 03:14 PM
To be honest, I cannot tell the difference between the look of waxes if they are put together side by side on the same panel. Even carguy can`t. It`s too subjective and hard to tell. Even some Z-users claim that they cannot see the difference between their Z`d side and a freshly painted side.

On the other hand, some things that can’t be noticed side by side are more evident in “the real world.†For example, take the “glow-effect†Paste Glaz has on silver cars, the “depth†of Klasse, and the reflectivity of Zaino. It’s hard to describe the phenomenon†you just notice it.

But things like durability, water-beading (or sheeting,) and slickness are much more obvious with waxes or sealants. And, please, let’s not forget surface prep!

imported_Intel486
04-20-2002, 03:24 PM
I tried to do a Klasse vs Meguiar`s Gold Class on my hood...

During the first week I couldn`t tell a difference between the two. I could only start to see a difference between the two sides when Meguiar`s GC started to wear off.

YoSteve
04-20-2002, 08:37 PM
if there isn`t noticable difference at first, you can definately tell the difference a month later when the 3 step starts to fail.

PakShak
04-21-2002, 12:23 AM
Yup, I definitely like the Zaino over any wax. With Z6 in between washes the slickness is always there. Water beads off nicely and the paint feels so slick. I swear I get 1-2 miles more per gallon because of the less drag... .:D

Pats300zx
04-21-2002, 06:21 AM
One word "Yes". This weekend my wife and I tried Klasse on her Silver 4Runner. We had always used Meguiars Carnuaba in the past. After dawn washing, claying, AIO and SGing, the paint looks better than it did when we first purchased the car. Even she was impressed.

nerdhunters
04-21-2002, 11:15 AM
I think Meguiars has good products and the shines are great if applied right, the thing I don`t like is that they last only 4 or 5 weeks. Klassse is good for 4 or 5 months, maybe longer. Also layering Klasse SG and then putting a wax on top is hard to beat, a lot of work though.

imported_StyleTEG
04-21-2002, 11:56 AM
I could tell a difference the first time I tried Klasse. Beyond that, my friends and family noticed as well.

Durring the time I was applying a coat of SG every two weeks or so, my mother noted "Your car looks brighter every time you visit".

jello_g
04-21-2002, 01:06 PM
First off, I`m new here and have learned a lot by lurking and searching all the informative discussions. I`m really glad this forum exists! :)

I`ve been a devoted 3-step user for the past few years and have been pretty happy with the results (combination of Mother`s and Meguiar`s). Some people would call my biweekly habit of waxing (mainly with GC) a sickness, but that`s another story. At times, I`ll have so many layers of GC that my red Mazda exudes a healthy warm glow. Meguiar`s will have you believe that GC produces the deepest reflections possible, and so far I`ve been sold; however I`ve yet to try any of the fine waxes often discussed here (ie. Blitz, One Grand, Souveran, P21S, etc...) My question: Is it possible to obtain a deeper finish by topping off GC with another wax? I read that layering different waxes <em class=`bbc`>may[/i] help in this regard, but I want to learn from your personal experience if you`ve used GC before. BTW, longevity is not a factor to me.

Here`s my car:

http://members.rogers.com/jellospeed/garage/mx6-1.jpg

Jngrbrdman
04-21-2002, 02:11 PM
jello_g,

Gold class is a really good wax. The only thing better, IMO, would be either Blitz or Souveran. If longitivity isn`t an issue then head for the Souveran. It would look amazing on your car. Blitz is probably going to be a little eaiser for you to find, however. Tim at Tacscar (`http://www.tacscar.com`) ships to Canada and he carries Souveran if you are interested in getting some from him. Layering waxes give a really neat effect. The elements in the wax that create the "wet" look and the depth react differently to light when there are multiple layers of different waxes. It is really something else to see. :xyxthumbs Welcome to the board!

YoSteve
04-21-2002, 08:43 PM
we all subscribe to the theory that paint prep makes for a better wax job.

I`ve always thought that Klasse not only seals in a great paint prep but is also a perfect canvas for a carnaba wax to lay upon.

It`s like printing on paper, it`s all about stock. Nothing makes reagular ink look better than some quality photographic stock. The same thing applies to prep. If what`s underneath isn`t good you`re not reaching your full potential. To sum up, if you`re going to carnauba why not improve on your stock by using Klasse. At the very least, it will seal your prep in so that when you do rewax you won`t have to repolish. You`ll be surprised too how much easier carnauba applies to a buttery smooth and protected Klasse finish.

Chuckmotor
04-21-2002, 08:53 PM
Can I notice a difference? Yes yes yes! This weekend I put Gold Class on top of 4 layers of Klasse SG! All I can say is DANG!

PakShak
04-21-2002, 09:41 PM
Klasse is also great. When I initially gotten into detailing after O found this forum. I started with Klasse AIO and SG. I topped it off with Pinnacle Souveran. It does offer great depth and shine. Like everyone else here, experimentation came to mind and I stripped the wax and Klasse so I could prep my car for Zaino. After trying both systems. I would have give a little nudge over to Zaino for ease of use and nice shine and durability. After several washes, the Zaino still beads water well. This is just my personal opinion.

Thanks.