PDA

View Full Version : Drying MF towels in the dryer?

porterdog
04-19-2002, 05:15 PM
Normally I air-dry mine but I see that some use the dryer. The reason I don`t do that is that all the other stuff that goes in there gets a Bounce fabric softener sheet and I figured that that would leave a residue which would then get transferred to my MFTs.

For those of you who use the dryer, does Bounce go in there for the non-MFT loads? Am I being overcautious?

Thanks!

Robert

Lemonxxs
04-19-2002, 05:30 PM
I do not have any bounce in my house.

Wash your cotton towels and stuff first then dry them without bounce.

Then your second load can be your MFs. Any crap from the bounce in the dryer (if any at all) should be gone.

Remember clean the lint trap real good before drying MFs and I also wipe the dryer down with a wet rag before inserting my MFs for drying.

Detailing NY
04-19-2002, 06:28 PM
I just wash the Mf`s and then through them in the dryer, with nothing else.

99323ic
04-19-2002, 08:36 PM
I`m the same as NYDetailer except that I use the knits setting (medium heat). All my regular laundry gets Bounced, but I haven`t had any problems.

imported_killerjg
04-19-2002, 10:50 PM
Occasional Bounce, no side effects.

YoSteve
04-19-2002, 11:14 PM
I actually wet and wipe down the dryer if I use it. I usually don`t use a dryer, I just hang and rotate my stock.

Formulas
04-20-2002, 08:08 AM
I don`t put them in the dryer.

If you have ever put anything with even minute amounts of dirt or fine sand it`ll remain in the dryer for a long time. If you have children I guarantee you there`s some fine sand in there. Just go around it with your finger, especially between the "paddles" and the dryer tub and you might pick some up.

I just lay mine down on the bathroom counter or hang them on the towel rack overnight and they`re dry in the morning.

imported_Intel486
04-20-2002, 12:09 PM
I put mine on hangers and then hang them on my shower curtain rod. I then turn the heater on in the bathroom and leave. I come back later and they are dry.

porterdog
04-20-2002, 05:22 PM
....but I did wipe out the dryer first. I needed the towels Now, and forgot to hang them up last night. Worked fine. Thanks for the input!

R