PDA

View Full Version : Clay Magic in at Autozone

Pages : [1] 2

driveway detailer
04-18-2002, 10:02 PM
Went to Autozone after work and they finally had Clay Magic with the lube for $9.99. As you could see I also picked up some other products. The Meguiars Leather wipes ($3.99) are really great for a quick clean, they have a great fragrance and leave a nice satin finish and have uv protection. With having two boys they come in handy. The 20/20($2.99) I use for the tint and the Gold Class shampoo($5.99) will be a first for me. Something funny happened when I was looking for the Clay Magic the salesman asked me if I needed any help, so I told him do you have any Clay Magic, he said yes but we keep it behind the counter because people cut the box and take the clay. I was shocked especially when he showed me one box that was sliced in the front. Who are these sick cheap hard on’s who rob a clay bar? Well that’s the city for you. There are great people here but these humps ruin a good thing.

Later……Syker

JasonC8301
04-18-2002, 10:09 PM
Whoa which Autozone did you go to!?! The one I went to didn`t have it. I`ll pay a visit to the one on Coney Island ave. in a few weeks and check if they have the clay magic.

I think you`ll like the Gold Class shampoo (I have a gallon) and the Eagle one 20/20, I was tempted to buy it for $3, but I am up to my neck in glass cleaners (12 cans of Stoner`s Invisble Glass and a gallon of EF Clear Vision.)

Yeah some of these dry humps can make us have a bad image. Most people are actually nice except for these bad apples.....

driveway detailer
04-18-2002, 10:26 PM
That`s the one I got it at. Should have some more. Im pretty close to this store If you dont get there tomorrw I`ll see If I could grab one for you.

Later:cool:

driveway detailer
04-18-2002, 10:28 PM
better yet give them a call b4 you make the trip.

later.........:xyxthumbs

Preachers Sheets
04-18-2002, 10:29 PM
My local AutoZones stock Meguairs and Mother clay like it`s gold or something.

I would love to see Clay Magic in those stores as well. Mothers works really well but I would like to try other brands.

JasonC8301
04-18-2002, 10:32 PM
Wow, what a small world, I moved out of that area 2 years ago. I used to be on church ave and east 3rd.

I`ll plan to be there on Saturday. Thanks for suggesting getting a kit ahold for me, but I don`t think they will sell out by Saturday. I`ll most likely get two kits, MAYBE three, but most likely two.

Thanks again,

Jason

Josiah
04-19-2002, 04:56 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

The 20/20($2.99) I use for the tint
</blockquote>
Isn`t stoner`s Invisible Glass safe on tint as well?

medic
04-29-2002, 12:54 PM
Went to Pep Boys to pick up some Vynalx (sorry, can`t spell worth a damn - Monday) and saw a Mother`s Clay Kit so it picked it up.

It was $30 for both:shocked $9 for the Vinalx and like $19 for the Mother`s Clay Kit. It was my first time buying clay, and since I knew it`s kinda expensive I just figured this was the going price.

I went to Autozone about 1/2 block away to see if I could save a few bucks and they had a Clay Magic kit for $9 - SOLD!!!

What the heck are PepBoys and Mother`s thinking? esp. since everyone on the forum says Clay Magic is like 10x better.

mirrord reflections
04-29-2002, 01:17 PM
Which Autozone did you find it at? I called the two nearest me in Richmond and San Pablo and they didn`t have it.

Preachers Sheets
04-29-2002, 02:29 PM
I can only find the clay kit from Mothers and Meguiars at stores. I guess they don`t sell clay that much because they don`t stock the clay magic stuff nor one of the two brands (mothers or meguiars) until they really run out of everything they have.

I think they are causing the problem themselves, if they stocked just the single clay bar or the triple bars alone them more people would buy them and create more of a demand. They need to have little info packets/videos or someone to explain how easy and effective these detailing products are to use. They could really bump up the sales.

04-29-2002, 02:34 PM
$9.99 for clay!!! If I pay you or jason money will you pick me up some and send it to me before friday. I will pay for everything. Please!!!!!!

JasonC8301
04-29-2002, 03:47 PM
Haven`t visited the AutoZone back on Conyl Island Ave in Brooklyn, been too busy. I don`t think I`ll be by there soon so I`m just going to buy a 200 gram bar.

If NY detailer and I get 3 of the 200 gram Clay Magic bars ( 2 fine grade and one medium grade) from one of my sources then it`ll be $19 a bar and whatever UPS charges (gotta be around $10.)

If $30 for a 200 gram bar (blue fine or red aggressive) with USPS shipping sounds reasonable PM me, I think it includes one of those plstic storage boxes. No lube, just a 200 gram bar. If you can find a 100 gram bar with lube, more power to you, but I just don`t have the time to go out and hunt them down.

Jason

medic
04-29-2002, 04:04 PM
I`m in sacramento. I`m not sure how much clay they have left (only 2 kits left on the shelf last night). e-mail me at shahcg@yahoo.com (``) if you want me to pick some up

83Esprit
04-29-2002, 04:12 PM
Just bought 2 boxes of clay magic from Autozone in IL. - $9.99/box.

driveway detailer
04-30-2002, 07:49 AM
Jason, I went back to the Coney Island Ave store and they had none. This was last weekend. They said it will be coming in soon, probably this week. Like you said your probably better off ordering it online. I did see the site your talking about ordering clay magic. What is the difference between the fine and medium ? Which is better to use ? Also what grade comes with the kit ? :nixweiss

Later........Syker