PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Zymol Autowash

83Esprit
04-18-2002, 04:10 PM
I have been using Zymol Autowash (The cheap one they sell at major department stores) and I like it. It seems to lube the car well and it does not take a lot of applied pressure to get visible dirt and grime off. Does anyone have any thoughts, experiences, or opinions about this wash?

Thanks,

Kelly

vettefan67
04-18-2002, 04:42 PM
Click for answers:http://forum.dtmpower.net/navigation/top_search.gif (`http://www.autopia-carport.com/forums/search.php?s=`)

You can also use the bar up near the top of your screen, or the Advanced link near it and to the right.

imported_BretFraz
04-18-2002, 05:52 PM
If you`re looking for more, go to Costco. They have it by the gallon and I think the price is $6.49. Might as well stock up now......

83Esprit
04-18-2002, 08:11 PM
Thanks, Yeah it does seem like everyone likes it based on the the archived thread.

Kelly

old_gonzo
04-18-2002, 10:30 PM
I think it`s good stuff. :up I`ve tried many other car washes including Pinnacle and P21S, and I always go back to the Zymol Auto Wash.

It has a nice scent, suds up very well, cleans effectively, rinses easily and does not seem to effect the Souveran on the car.

It`s also available locally and is reasonably priced. :xyxthumbs

imported_StyleTEG
04-19-2002, 01:08 PM
I have a bottle, it gives good results.

My hunch is that it has some carnuaba content, since the back says "Replenishes Zymol Cleaner Wax". So I stay clear of using it on klassed cars (unless they have a carnuaba topper of cource)

imported_capspackle
04-19-2002, 01:20 PM
Which one exactly is it?? Not quite sure which one you guys mean.

old_gonzo
04-19-2002, 07:24 PM
It`s in a clear plastic bottle/white cap and the wash itself is blue in color. It has a sort of tropical smell to it. It`s typically available at AutoZone and sometimes Wal-Mart.

The bottle reads Zymol Auto Wash. Many times I have seen it right next to the Zymol Cleaner Wax (same size bottle).

imported_capspackle
04-19-2002, 07:36 PM
Hmm.. alright.. will have to look for it.. No Auto Zone here.. but will check anyways..

Checked ZYmol site.. dont have it there.

old_gonzo
04-19-2002, 07:51 PM
You will not find it on the Zymol site as it is the consumer grade Auto Wash not the higher end Zymol line.

There are 2 different Zymol product lines, the consumer grade is put out by Turtle Wax, believe it or not. It`s good stuff, hope you are able to find it. :)

2wheelsx2
04-19-2002, 08:34 PM
I checked this at the Canadian Tire up here, and the Zymol Auto Wash was shelved right beside the TW car wash. Bottles were exactly the same (size, shape, everything), except it was a different colour bottle, and was $7 more than the TW!:eek:

83Esprit
04-19-2002, 09:29 PM
I plan on using blitz when I finally get my AIO & SG on. So I will probably try the Blitz wash on it too. I hope it is comparable to the Zymol Auto Wash.

SoTex
05-13-2002, 09:51 PM
I just bought the Zymol at Costco. No doubt it`s now distributed/made by TW. The cardboard packaging for the cases even says Turtle Wax. That pretty much erased any doubt in my mind.

Still good stuff, I hear.

NogaroS4Buffer
05-13-2002, 11:00 PM
I have used the stuff maybe 15 times and enjoy a very clean car as a result. The stuff is dirt cheap anyway can`t hurt to pick up a jug.

corvettez
05-14-2002, 04:50 AM
This past October the local Wal-mart cut their prices on all the detailing stuff they carry by 2\3rds so I bought the last five bottles they had. It does seem to have good lubricity as well as long lasting suds and it doesn`t seem to diminish the wax to any noticeable degree on the car I keep waxed. I like it and use it along side MGC but have yet to see it come out yet this season.