PDA

View Full Version : arg, dust and unbuffed klasse

imported_StyleTEG
04-18-2002, 12:39 PM
Put another layer of klasse on my hood today, and its very dusty out so dust got all over it while I was letting it cure.

I would rather wash the hood of the car than use a qd to remove the dust, but I have never tried this with klasse so I have no idea if it will cause problems with that layer or not. Should I use an acrylic quick detailer while buffing, or wash the car and then buff the klasse off? Any ideas?

Preachers Sheets
04-18-2002, 12:46 PM
I would wash the car with 5 gallons of water and half an ounce of soap. Buff any residue off of the car and re-apply that layer of Klasse.

This happended to me before, but I put a TON of swirls in my car thinking the dust wasn`t that bad. It was hell. Happended last fall/winter and since then the tempature hasn`t allowed me to fix the swirls. I would do my car this weekend but I made a promise to take care of my fathers van first. My car looks like crap right now but my dad`s van needs the help more so I`ll put my own car on the side for now.

imported_StyleTEG
04-18-2002, 12:49 PM
Sounds like a good plan, thanks for the help :)

I need to get a tent or something to stop the all the dust ;)

Jngrbrdman
04-18-2002, 02:13 PM
Someone had this problem a few months ago. Just washing the car again was the same suggestion.

I need to get one of those big bubble things that they sell in the California Car Cover catalog to put my Klasse on. I get the same problem.

YoSteve
04-19-2002, 10:34 AM
It`s the very reason why we recommend to buff your car of at least 20 minutes after the Klasse sets. What is deposited needs can be left in 24 hours, but the residue needs to be buffed off if there is a chance for dust and dirt.

If you find that your Klasse gets dirty before you can buff it off, always wash it. If you left it on a day it cured and it`s meant to stay on their anyways, washing won`t remove it.

Preachers Sheets
04-19-2002, 11:23 AM
I think some people are leaving the Klasse on the car for a day before taking it off. As I was told, that is incorrect, you need to buff off the residue after 30 minutes to and hour and let the product "sit" on your paint for a day right???

imported_StyleTEG
04-19-2002, 01:02 PM
Unfortunetly it got dusty with in 10min of applying it, my guess is the wind picked up some dirt from the side of the road and blew it my way :(

vettefan67
04-19-2002, 01:10 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by joed1228 [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I think some people are leaving the Klasse on the car for a day before taking it off. As I was told, that is incorrect, you need to buff off the residue after 30 minutes to and hour and let the product "sit" on your paint for a day right??? [/b]</blockquote>My understanding is that it`s fine to leave the KSG on the paint without buffing it for as long as you want. Some detailers prefer to leave it on for a day or 2 before buffing, but they are the exception.

I try to let it dry for as long as I can up to a few hours or more, depending on if I`m going to apply back to back coats.