PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Klasse users

imported_f150smith
04-18-2002, 11:21 AM
I plan to wax about twice a year, it seems to me that if the Klasse All-in-One lasts 6-9 months, I don`t really need to apply the Klasse Sealant over it as it will extend the "wax life" to 9-12 months.

Question #1: Does this sound correct or does the Sealant really help the shine or protection?

Or I was thinking about applying some (pure) carnuba wax (which I already have) over the Klasse All-in-One to "tone-down" any of the possible negitives of using a acrylic based wax.

Question #2: has anybody tried this?

or

Question #3: Or has anybody put the Carnuba OVER the Sealant?

(PS: in case it matters: Car is garaged/cover at night, live in So. Cal. and color is Steel Gray)

2wheelsx2
04-18-2002, 11:27 AM
on Klasse and topper and you will see that topping with carnuba is common practice to get a deeper shine. As for using the sealant glaze, I`ll let the Klasse users answer that. But do a search, and you will see more answers than you`ll want to read.

DETAILKING
04-18-2002, 11:31 AM
I would skip the carnuba. the carnuba topper will only last 2-8 weeks depending on what you use.

Sharkie
04-18-2002, 11:32 AM
AIO in by itself will not last 6-9 months. AIO with a carnauba topper works well but the carnauba won’t last 6months either. If you plan on going on the 6month program I really recommend getting a few coats of sealant glaze on top. You can top sealant glaze with carnauba for added pop.

SJS

Preachers Sheets
04-18-2002, 11:58 AM
Well if your car is always covered and not used often, the wax will last longer than you think (1 month). If you don`t mind spending alot of time re-applying wax then go for only wax.

However, the Klasse Sealent Glaze has a shine that is 98% as nice as Blitz wax. The only thing the Blitz does is make my red paint a tint darker and add the `warm` look (you`ll know it when you see it). If you DO decide to layer Klasse Sealent Glaze then stick with it, the sealent looks just as good as wax and the protection as well as shine last much longer.

On a side note, just so you know; if you layer wax on Klasse Sealent Glaze you cannot layer more Glaze because it will not bond correctly due to the oils in the wax. Sure, you can wait a month and a half when you know the wax is gone before you apply more Glaze but for that time wheny our waiting for the wax to fade way 100% you can`t apply the sealent. The wax over Klasse just isn`t worth it if you ask me.

Ken B
04-18-2002, 12:47 PM
You CAN use AIO and then top it with Wax.

The Wax will be gone after a couple of weeks, the AIO will last a few months (YMMV).

Most Klasse Autopians apply a few layers of SG on top of AIO to add shine, durability, and because we LIKE doing it.

Many of us enjoy doing the work, just as much as the shine in our cars.:xyxthumbs

Preachers Sheets
04-18-2002, 12:51 PM
I consider the Klasse Glaze a sealent and wax, it looks really nice after 2-3 layers. The more the better if you ask me.

The wax (Blitz) ontop of the Klasse has some special combination that makes my red car look better, I just can`t justify not be able to add more Glaze until the wax is gone... If I did decide to start using Blitz on Klasse I would need to find the point where more Klasse Glaze is not making the shine any better. I had 8 layers on my car and it kept looking a bit better after every coat so I don`t know.......... yet