PDA

View Full Version : One Grand Wash and Wax

imported_Intermezzo
04-17-2002, 06:06 PM
I just got off the phone with One Grand Cust. support and was told that using One Grand Wash & Wax will, unlike most other car shampoos, extend the life of the wax on your car (sorta like Z-7 on a Zaino`d car). Has anyone tried this product and does it really do as advertised?

Thanks.

rstype
04-17-2002, 06:10 PM
I have a small sample of OGWAW left. IMO, its a pretty good wash if you`re using Blitz... but there aren`t a lot of suds and it isn`t as slick as P21S. It is, however, a very economical wash when purchased by the gallon (`http://www.carcareonline.com/og_washwax_10249.html`).

But yes, it does help rejuvenate the Blitz a little.

~bw

truvette
04-17-2002, 06:48 PM
I`ve always been interested in trying One Grand`s Car Wash Soap. The only cons are that it is low in suds as mentioned before. If it extends wax life, I`d definately try it anyday. :bounce

rd_volvo
04-18-2002, 02:51 PM
OG W&W is good stuff.

It feels buttery as you wipe your car down. I use it 80%

of the time when my car is lightly dirty. Not a good choice

when you car is pretty dirty. It has very low suds, just enough

to break the bond of rain spots, saps, light dirt, Etc.

I activate for suds with hose every few minutes.

When my car is very dirty I bounce between :

OG Suds Alot

P21s Shampoo

Maguiar`s Gold Class

Zymol Clear

83Esprit
04-18-2002, 03:20 PM
I really like Zymol Shampoo. What do you guys think about it? I mean it seems like it really is a good lubricator and works pretty well with minimum force when washing.

Kelly

imported_Intermezzo
04-18-2002, 03:28 PM
Thanks for all your replies. I really do not mind if the shampoo has poor suds. I had narrowed down my choices between either using the OG wash or not using soap at all (the car rarely gets dirty because I QD almost daily). The only time I plan to use a good strong soap is on days when I plan to polish/wax. I just needed to know if Wash & Wax, unlike most other car shampoos, actually replenished your existing wax instead of degrading it....and it sounds like it does replenish.

Thanks again!