PDA

View Full Version : infamous newbie post!

Pages : [1] 2

aorbeta
04-17-2002, 10:45 AM
hello all,

just registered. this seems to be a very cool and informative crowd!:xyxthumbs

just for future references i just purchased klasse aio, sg, and 303 so be prepared for newbie questions regarding this product from me:cool:

wizardofahs
04-17-2002, 01:32 PM
I think you`ll be happy with AIO and SG, that`s what i started with.. now i have a full collection of zaino, bf, souvern, blitz to add to it. Got so much stuff i haven`t even been able to try it all yet. Also i`ve found a great source of info on klasse was the archives on this site. Lots of really in depth posts with tons of info. IE posts going on for 3-4 pages just on how to properly and easily remove SG (btw a good method is to wet the MF and dry it out the best you can, then wipe the surface with the damp towell)

idamanjax75
04-17-2002, 02:52 PM
It`s like a secret weapon.

Enjoy.

E

aorbeta
04-17-2002, 04:09 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Eric R [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>It`s like a secret weapon.

Enjoy.

E [/b]</blockquote>
my car is only a year old...always garaged. is it too soon for claying??:nixweiss

vettefan67
04-17-2002, 04:17 PM
...Unless your car was just painted by a bodyshop. I`d clay even a brand new car myself...

aorbeta
04-17-2002, 04:32 PM
ive never clayed before, nor have i ever seen it done...im afraid i might take off a layer of paint or something!!:sosad ;)

imported_Intermezzo
04-17-2002, 05:29 PM
Clay doesn`t remove any part of your clearcoat (that`s Klasse AIO`s job). It is only designed to removed embedded contaminants which believe it or not, MAY be present on a new car. A lot of it will depend on how long it was sitting in the dealer`s lot and how it was transported there.

Using a clay bar to remove paint contamination (`http://www.properautocare.com/usclaybartor.html`)

C. Charles Hahn
04-17-2002, 08:05 PM
when I got my new car, the dealer didnt touch it at all. I came home, pulled off the plastic, and washed with dawn. Then I clayed it, washed again with dawn, and started applying Zaino. This is right off the lot.

Oh, and I polished the windows as well......

and.....

and.....

:p

FastHappy
04-17-2002, 08:14 PM
i just detailed a new accord, (only about a month old) the first thing i did was clay it, and that made a huge difference right off the bat. i`m with these guys, get some clay, it`s super easy to do and the results are amazing. you`ll be an expert before you get the hood done:D

YoSteve
04-17-2002, 11:45 PM
it`s like our mother`s didn`t teach us manners :D

low, welcome to the boards. You`ll find a wealth of information here, stick around, you`ll learn a ton, and have fun doing so.

aorbeta
04-19-2002, 01:47 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Intermezzo [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Clay doesn`t remove any part of your clearcoat (that`s Klasse AIO`s job). It is only designed to removed embedded contaminants which believe it or not, MAY be present on a new car. A lot of it will depend on how long it was sitting in the dealer`s lot and how it was transported there.

Using a clay bar to remove paint contamination (`http://www.properautocare.com/usclaybartor.html`) [/b]</blockquote>
wait, did you just say klasse AIO will remove my clearcoat??? i just applied it lastnight, and now im letting the SG cure...

edgewise
04-19-2002, 01:55 PM
Most clays on the market today are very mild, and HIGHLY recommended! Here is an example of a fellow that washed his car twice in preparation of a full detail, he used Dawn the first time to strip the old carnauba off, then washed it again with a premium brand of car wash...then took advice and clayed...now you see why soap won`t get everything off! ;)

http://members.roadfly.com/thelews/clay.jpg

Full story here:
http://www.beemerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5067 (`http://www.beemerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5067`)

imported_Intermezzo
04-19-2002, 02:15 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by low [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>wait, did you just say klasse AIO will remove my clearcoat??? i just applied it lastnight, and now im letting the SG cure... [/b]</blockquote>
low,

That is the only way imperfections can be removed from your clearcoat. In the case of AIO, it is a mild cleaner and will remove an extremely thin layer of your clearcoat......thus, removing only very light imperfections. I`ve heard you can use AIO twice a year for many many years without ever having to worry about a thing....

Lowejackson
04-19-2002, 02:28 PM
Clay :xyxthumbs

Welcome to the forum

Steven

aorbeta
04-19-2002, 02:32 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Intermezzo [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>

low,

That is the only way imperfections can be removed from your clearcoat. In the case of AIO, it is a mild cleaner and will remove an extremely thin layer of your clearcoat......thus, removing only very light imperfections. I`ve heard you can use AIO twice a year for many many years without ever having to worry about a thing.... [/b]</blockquote>

thats a scary thought that AIO will remove a layre of clearcoat..it would be nice if you can always use both AIO and SG after every wash to give it that nice shine...and for piece of mind that you know both products are bonding nicely:up