PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Z-6 and Z-14

JasonC8301
04-15-2002, 06:57 PM
Yeah its me again with another product test. The weather is getting warmer and summer is fast approaching. It was 80- degrees today and sunny. It was time to change the front door`s upper plastic window (fall/winter) to a mesh screen (spring/summer.) Its one of those steel security doors with two panels, which could be mesh, plastic, or a combination of both.

Ok now to the test, a winter has made the plastic panel all dirty and rough. I cleaned it with Z-6 (Zaino`s QD) which was rather simple. A light squirt, spread with Cannon towel, flip over and buff. the plastic was left roughly clean and clear. There was still some stubborn spots and water marks on certain spots of the plastic panel. So I took out the Z-14 and rubbed it evenly over the pastic panel with medium pressure with Zaino`s #314 applicator pad. Went on very easily. I let it dry to a haze while I surfed around Autopia for a little bit (15 minutes.)

I went to buff off the Z-14 with a Cannon cotton towel and it came off easily a few light/moderate passes and the Z-14 was gone leaving behind a clear, clean, and smoooooooooth surface.

Z-14 reflecting off the palstic panel

http://pstr-m01.ygpweb.aol.com/data/00F/05/DC/41/10/+0cVTbIgmcgDxxMbEM0FiRkLELSfXXRj0180.jpg

Over all I like these products very much.

The Zaino Z-14 is the only plastic polish I have and it performed very well, just requires some time and strength to rub it in. The smell was a little chemical like though, but I just held my breath after taking a small whif.

The Z-6 cleaned the dirt and dust off the plastic panel with ease, but some of the more stubborn stuff wouldn`t come off. I wasn`t expecting the Z-6 to leave the surface totally clean. The smell was ok, sota fruity or something around there. Just be sure to use a very small amount of this product and you`ll be fine, a little too much requires a little more buffing and may end up with streaks.

I give a thumbs up to Z-6, Z-14, and the terry applicator.

The Z-6, Z-14, and applicator

http://pstr-m04.ygpweb.aol.com/data/008/38/8E/30/4F/hXnsArK3W4IlPapQnHh3kmKEYLDhaGIQ0180.jpg

Jason

allen aikens jr.
04-17-2002, 04:01 PM
Hey, Jason!

The window looks awesome!!:up

I hope the "Hello Kitty" purse is not yours.:p

Detailing NY
04-17-2002, 04:43 PM
that hello kitty is what jason takes with him when he works for me. He takes his lunch in that bag.. haha:D

allen aikens jr.
04-17-2002, 04:45 PM
Jason,

You`re busted!! The boss let the CAT outta the bag!!! LOL:D

JasonC8301
04-17-2002, 07:23 PM
Thats my little sister`s school bag. I should of taken it out of the frame! Its a very nice bag though. I should of posted a picture of that teletubby bag..its a light green Dipsy I think, goes well with this uniform......NOT! Can`t wait till I get the blues....

http://pstr-m05.ygpweb.aol.com/data/007/38/1A/4D/A4/JYcMlKDpHxKSMXb3Ev9KjREWR+txSQ5-0180.jpg

My lunch is usually a 24 oz bottle of water and a clif bar (chocolate chip peanut crunch, soo good), but Brian has to get some pizza, which added some fat to my waist line haha.

Jason

jkochis
04-17-2002, 08:08 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by NY detailer [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>that hello kitty is what jason takes with him when he works for me. He takes his lunch in that bag.. haha:D [/b]</blockquote>
HAA!!!

Jason, did the Z14 seem like it has any abrasive qualities? Do you think it would work well on soft/flexible vinyl windows to remove swirling?

Thanks for the review, and dont forget your lunchbag...hehe. <just kiddin ya..>

JasonC8301
04-17-2002, 08:20 PM
The abrasive qualities in Zaino Z-14 is VERY low IMHO. It does take some effort to work in the product. A few applications may be necessary to see some affect and results from it.

Jason

Preachers Sheets
04-18-2002, 10:40 AM
Yo Jason, my father used to be in the service, isn`t your belt buckle supposed to be lined up with the line of buttons on your shirt?

Just wondering, he was in the service quite a bit ago, maybe that rule doesn`t exsist any longer.

JasonC8301
04-18-2002, 12:47 PM
Hey Joe, Current regulations make the belt tip go through the left belt loop first, all the way around. The belt buckle should be lined up with the shirt edge and the line on the pants to form a straight gig line.

Like this

| Shirt edge, after you button it

[] buckle

| edge of pants after buttoning and zipping it.

Hope this makes sense, really hard to describe

Jason

Preachers Sheets
04-18-2002, 12:57 PM
Yeap, just line up the edge of the buckle with the zipper and the shirt button seam.

Guess I forgot exactly what my father said, I was around 11-12 at the time.

allen aikens jr.
04-18-2002, 01:55 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by JasonC8301 [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>
| Shirt edge, after you button it
[] buckle
| edge of pants after buttoning and zipping it.
[/b]</blockquote>
Jason,
You explained it very well.:xyxthumbs