PDA

View Full Version : unbelieveable!!!

smfrycruzr
04-15-2002, 02:48 PM
the other day I was driving along and noticed a man washing his car with a BROOM! That`s right...thank God it was only a Saturn 4-door but the funniest part is that about one hour later it was in his lawn 4 sale!!! LOL

Preachers Sheets
04-15-2002, 02:59 PM
I guess he couldn`t live with the swirls.

imported_JeffBruce
04-15-2002, 03:01 PM
Thats why this site doesn`t sell T-shirts with Autopia on it..

He could of had one on!!!!!

jeff

jkochis
04-15-2002, 03:13 PM
That`s pretty bad, but not quite as bad as the guy on Brickboard, whose kid decided to wash the hood with a brillo pad.

Brad B
04-15-2002, 04:20 PM
But maybe it was a 100% cotton broom?;)

imported_Intel486
04-15-2002, 04:26 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Brad B. [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>But maybe it was a 100% cotton broom?;) [/b]</blockquote>
or even microfiber :D

YoSteve
04-15-2002, 05:20 PM
A guy (on vortex) used a shovel to get snow off his hood. Guess what he did? :D some people ;)

rstype
04-15-2002, 06:12 PM
Broom? What a coincidence... I was at a Budget Rent-a-Car location this morning returning the Windstar I borrowed during our 3-day trip to Las Vegas. And guess what I saw?

This! :scared
http://www.midwestrake.com/industrial/GeneralConstructionTools/Brooms/images/industrial.jpg

The people were dipping the huge broom into a 20-gallon crate filled with soapy water... and using it to scrub everything from the brake-dust covered wheels to the hood of the car. They were doing that for 5-minutes or so, rinsed it off, and proceeded drying with a nearly BLACK Absorber-like drying towel! Then they also sprayed some all-purpose degreaser onto the tires, wheels, and paint on any “dirt†still on the car.

I was in a rush... waiting inside anxiously to get the car, so I couldn`t do anything about it. I wish I could have given them a can of Blitz like what Beau did, and also a nice chenille wash mitt and microfiber towel(s).

I think even those machine-brush car washes are a better ideaâ€

imported_BretFraz
04-15-2002, 06:17 PM
And a true one at that.

About 10 yrs ago a friend of mine had a nice Toyota ext cab 1/2 ton. Lowered, nice wheels, bumpin system, clean not garish or hacker. Took good care of it.

He goes back home to visit family and leaves it with his then girlfriend. She drives the truck while he`s away. Before he gets home she decideds to surprise him by washing it. With a Scotch Brite pad. To say that he freaked out when he saw it is a big understatement. The scratches were sooooo bad I couldn`t get them out and most of the local detailers wouldn`t touch it.

So, you ask, why in the world did she use a Scotch Brite pad to wash his nice truck?

Because, she said it was "really dirty".

amgtorre
04-16-2002, 10:18 AM
It must had been broom weekend!!!

I also saw a woman sweeping the hood of nice ford pickup truck to remove the fallen leaves of a tree ...

83Esprit
04-16-2002, 12:17 PM
Ummmmm.............so you shouldn`t use a broom? What about a well lubed brillo pad.