PDA

View Full Version : Eimann Fabrik HI...You Guys Were Right.

old_gonzo
04-15-2002, 11:49 AM
Finally had the opportunity to use the EF HI as a tire cleaner yesterday - and geez, was I impressed.

I had no idea that there was that much grime, dirt and gunk on the tires. I also did not know that the raised white letters were really "that" white. It applies easily (I transferred some from the gallon jug to a small spray bottle) and after aggitation, rinses off without any effort.

I have to tip my hat to EF Hi as a great tire cleaner. There was no doubt when I was done, that they were actually clean for once. Awesome stuff.

boywonder
04-15-2002, 12:05 PM
I love the stuff. I have used it to clean tires, wheels, interior vinyl and plastic and it works flawlessly. I need to invest in another gallon.

We're Here
04-15-2002, 12:49 PM
I don`t know ... I saw the photos of the results of Greased Lightning on tires and it reminded me a great deal of what I see when I use EF HI on tires. The odd thing is that I`ve seen the same brown stuff whether or not the tire had just been scrubbed with shampoo previous to the HI wash or whether or not the tire had ever received a tire dressing (the studded Hakka 1`s I just took off the WRX had never been treated with a dressing and I scrubbed them prior to the EF HI scrub with Gold Medallion. I come away from this wondering if what we`re seeing is just a EF HI (or Greased Lightning) reaction and a thought, are these two products very similar?

Bottom line? I`m not at all certain that the stuff coming off of the tires is dirt, brake dust or other crud

old_gonzo
04-15-2002, 01:54 PM
Sorry, but I`m not following you. I`m not really sure what you mean. Could you elaborate a little?:confused:

BradE
04-15-2002, 01:58 PM
arcticwhite

Glad to hear you liked EFHI. I remember the first time I used it and I stood back and though, wow I didn`t know my tires were that dirty.

Great no frills product, and at $20/gallon is hard to beat.:xyxthumbs

Preachers Sheets
04-15-2002, 03:03 PM
I am now using Eagle One A to Z wheel cleaner. I used to swear by the Ef-Hi stuff but for the price and strenght of the Eagle One stuff I can`t go back. The Eagle stuff is 95% as strong as the Ef-Hi. If you clean your wheels often you won`t even notice the difference.

htodd
04-19-2002, 02:05 PM
EF HI is FANTASTIC!!!!

My latest use: cleaning a 17 year old lawn mower that I "inherited". The mower hadn`t been so much as sprayed off in about 15 years, but with some EF HI (I use it 1:1 with H2O) and some old rags, the thing looks like new! :D

31st330i
04-19-2002, 02:42 PM
I dilute it 50% with water. works great so far on my wheels.