PDA

View Full Version : Passing the Autopia experience on

imported_Page
04-15-2002, 09:11 AM
This post is just for fun..really to show how Autopia has made a real difference in how I and my family care for their vehicles...

Celebrated dad`s birthday yesterday..hitting the big 60. Anyway, I had given him a bottle of PPCL about a month ago. He loved it. I drove up to his home yesterday and he was just buffing off a coat of (yes, yes, I know SACRILEGE!) TURTLE WAX from his 1995 Lincoln Towncar(Showroom, I told him about you and your town car).

Never fear, I had boxed up a 16.9 bottle of AIO for one of his presents. Dad checked out my Mustang with only one coat of AIO on it(just stripped it, layering on KSG tonight). "WOW!" he said. "Nice shine!" He could`nt believe the Mother`s clay had the car soooo smoooth and one coat of AIO alone had the car like a mirror. "It`s really wet looking" he said.

Anyway, I gave him the AIO, along with instructions. Told him if he liked the AIO, I would get him some KSG to go with it. He has never been big on polymers, mainly a carnuba guy. I thought no point in giving him the whole kit if he does`nt like it. Right now he plans to AIO and then layer carnuba. I told him to wait, put on the AIO, and see how he likes it. I can then give him a little KSG to put on top, and see how he feels it compares to his carnuba.

Anyway, just thought I would post and say I am trying to do my part to pass on the Autopian way. I guess you could say I am "passing it up" since I am "educating" my dad.

At least he is using the 303 I gave him for Christmas. He says his leather has never felt so good. This is from a guy who used to use saddle soap and oil based conditioners on his leather. He could`nt believe that saddle soap was bad at first. After I showed him my leather(no saddle soap used, EVER) he became a believer.

Who knows, maybe my old man will join the forum?!

SJ

imported_JeffBruce
04-15-2002, 09:16 AM
WOW...Showing Old Dogs new tricks....amazing.....he must be open minded...I have older people here..Its their way or its no good...

great....

jeff

imported_Page
04-15-2002, 09:49 AM
Jeff,

Well..it has not been easy. Dad usd to think spending 45 to 50.00 for sealant combos was a bit high. He has been on the TW bandwagon for a while. However, he does agree that Klasse produces a nice shine...plus..not sure if this is correct or not but..

Consumer reports did a review of waxes/sealants recently, and rated Klasse highly. Dad is a pretty big believer in Consumer Reports so that may have been a factor.

I went over with the instructions with him. I made SURE he knew NOT to use this like a carnuba. A little AIO goes a long way, plus you DON"t want to wipe it on and let it dry for hours.

I told him to use a damp, quality foam applicator, use even pressure, NO RUBBBING, then wipe off. Keep the applicator damp etc.

I even made a book mark for him to this site(dad is a new Internet convert). Told him to do a search on Klasse application in the archives and see what others have done.

Final note, Dad did`nt want to order over the Internet, so I gave him a CMA catalog. I told him he could go to the CMA site, find new products which are`nt in the catalog, and order by phone.

I guess some of the older school folks don`t trust their credit cards on the Internet..oh well, that is an argument for another day.

SJ

imported_BretFraz
04-15-2002, 11:01 AM
Everyone here would have jumped for joy if they tested Klasse. The Zymol cleaner-wax finished #1. Here`s a link to an archived thread:

http://autopia-carport.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6081&highlight=consumer+reports (`http://autopia-carport.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6081&highlight=consumer+reports`)

imported_Page
04-15-2002, 01:51 PM
Bret,

Thanks for the confirmation. When Dad mentioned it I raised my eyebrows..I thought the CR staff probably would not have popped the 40.00 or more for the Klasse twins..goes against their "value" mentality.

Not to poo on CR too much though. I read the mag from time to time. When it comes to car care products however, I don`t think they are on the mark.

I will post what results pops gets from AIO. I am hoping soon to have another Klasse convert.

SJ

BradE
04-15-2002, 01:56 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

I drove up to his home yesterday and he was just buffing off a coat of (yes, yes, I know SACRILEGE!) TURTLE WAX from his 1995 Lincoln Towncar(Showroom, I told him about you and your town car).</blockquote>

Turtle Wax!?! Excuse me while I have a heart attack. :D

Thank goodness he has a son like you to show him the light. Tell your dad to come aboard Autopia, I would love to see some pics of the Lincoln. :)

imported_Page
04-15-2002, 02:12 PM
Showroom,

I know, I know..TW??!! Yeah, I will try to get him on the board. I told him he would need to visit Autopia University first to get all of the info there, and then search the archives.

I will let you all know how it goes with Dad and the AIO. I am really hoping for a breakthrough here.

I have just convinced the wife that a digi-cam is a necessity in my life. So I will have pics of the 2002 Super-crew and 2001 Stang soon...just as soon as I get that last layer of KSG on...just as soon as I get the wheel wells spotless on the Stang..gotta get the glass totally invisible..oh well, you get the idea, my work is never done!

SJ