PDA

View Full Version : Spilled drink

TRADICLES
04-15-2002, 08:30 AM
I had a coke spilled on my passenger side carpet. The carpet is black (BMW) but I want to make sure I clean it out.

Any suggestions?

vettefan67
04-15-2002, 08:34 AM
http://www.autopia-carport.com/Detailing-Articles/Interior%20Stains%20&%20Odors.htm (`http://www.autopia-carport.com/Detailing-Articles/Interior%20Stains%20&%20Odors.htm`)

Caldy
04-16-2002, 11:26 PM
I would go buy one of those carpet cleaners with a hard brittle brush on the end. I know it doesnt leave a good smell but it does a pretty good job. So scrub it out with the brush and product and then let it air out for a day or two before you put it back in your car.

Good luck

Caldy
04-16-2002, 11:35 PM
I use the Blue coral carpet cleaner. Product works excellent but it does leave a kinda stinky smell. So letting it air out works .

I like the scrubber brush on the blue coral

Jngrbrdman
04-17-2002, 12:05 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by TWOOD [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I use the Blue coral carpet cleaner. Product works excellent but it does leave a kinda stinky smell. So letting it air out works .

I like the scrubber brush on the blue coral [/b]</blockquote>
I saw some of that Blue Coral stuff the other day. Have you tried Prestone? How does the Blue Coral stack up against it? I`ve always had real good luck on soda stains with Prestone. I`d love to use anything that is better though.

Lemonxxs
04-17-2002, 11:31 AM
Hiccup .... I .... haaaaaaaaaaaateeee......Hiccup.....when I spills.............a Dwink..........

Hewwo Mista .....Hiccup ......... Offisaw

Check out David`s e-book as he has good tips for cleaning carpets with great pics of his nasty floor mat before he cleaned it and made it llo brand new again.

EF spot cleaner works very well!!!!

TRADICLES
04-17-2002, 02:21 PM
theres no stains on my carpet since its black, i`m just worried about dried up coke smelling bad later on.

how about liquid laundry detergent + water?

vettefan67
04-17-2002, 03:14 PM
Liquid laundry detergent and water worked great for me when I had to clean up an old dried up smoothie stain! Clean any spills or stains ASAP.