PDA

View Full Version : What would I use to....

2k2blackWRX
04-15-2002, 08:03 AM
I have been reading autopia for a while now and getting some great advice, if not for autopia I would not be able to take care of my car as great as I do.

I still have a few questions.

1. I am looking for a product I can hold in my glovebox for a quick dash cleaning when it gets dusty. I have the stoneguard plastic and trim cleaner and I thought that might work im not sure though.

2. Brushes, I don`t see much talk about brushes but it is obvious we all need them. I was wondering what all brushes everyone uses and where they got them? I personally use a tire brush I bought from pep boys to scrub off the dirt and I bought a wheel brush but I need some of the smaller wheen brushes and some good carprt brushes.

3. Floor mats: what is the best way to get that winter browning out of my black floor mats? I have tried prestone over and over and many other things. At this point I am about to go to the dealership and buy new mats just so my car can look good.

I have a few other simple questions but I figure I can find them with a search and don`t want to bother.

Thanks

Bryan

JasonC8301
04-15-2002, 12:21 PM
1. If it gets dusty. Just have a MF towel in the glove box. A quick qipe and all the dust should be gone. Treat the dash with a protectant every so ogten, and clean it 2-3 times a year with warm soapy water.

2. I have a clear coat wheel brush and a stiff tire brush. For carpets I have the small ectangular stiff brush (vinyl and leather brush from CMA.) For wheels with open spokes, you can try to get back there with a foam paint brush.

3. If Prestone doesn`t work try another carpet cleaner. I like Omni All Purpose cleaner (from www.autoint.com ) or you can try Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner Plus. Eimann Fabrik makes a good carpet cleaner, or try Eaglone One Zap or Xenit available at www.properautocare.com

Hope this helps,
Jason

2k2blackWRX
04-15-2002, 01:14 PM
Thanks, I will see about just using a mf towel dry to wipe down the dash, never tried it, I always wanted somethign to wipe it with.

As for brushes I am going to get a better carpet brush and then buy a few brushed from properautocare.com

I will try a few of those floor products you mentioned, I mgith even rent one of those steam cleaners from giant eagle. In the end I might end up paying as much to get a little brown out that I would to buy new mats. I want to go for that fresh off the floor matt look.

Thanks

Bryan

imported_StyleTEG
04-15-2002, 01:42 PM
For future winters, try treating the mats with Scotchguard or 303 Fabric gaurd. It will help cut down on the discoloration and staining :)