PDA

View Full Version : Well guys, its been awhile...new problem now

fishboy
04-15-2002, 12:03 AM
Yep, I havent posted here in quite a while. You guys have gotten me through the worst of a horrible detailing incident, now I was wondering if you could help out w/ a new problem:

A few small dents.

Basically what happened was, my girlfriend opened the hatch of my jeep right into the surfboards on the top of the car rack.

At first, no big deal, until I further examined the damage:

2 small(1inch) indentations from the tip of a surfboard. There was some minor scratches but that is not the main worry.

I dont have pics right now but just need some advice.

I read that dentwizard is good. Can they fix dents anywhere on car? And most importantly, how do I know if he`ll do a good job( that is,what should I look out for?). Anyone know a good guy here in LA.

Its just that living in LA, has led me to believe that it doesnt stand for Los Angeles but Lacking Accountability...I dont want to get duped again...

Thanks, and let me know if I should post elsewhere...

Jeremy

vettefan67
04-15-2002, 12:05 AM
http://autopia-carport.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4514 (`http://autopia-carport.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4514`)

I`m going to be getting this done myself pretty soon for my car and a friend`s.

fishboy
04-15-2002, 12:12 AM
puterbum,

Let me know how the final product turns out. I would much rather take a trip to SD, than mess w/ someone up here who screws things up more...

Are you going w/ dentwizard etc...

vettefan67
04-15-2002, 12:56 AM
I haven`t decided yet :(

I`m hoping to get a multiple car discount though. We`ll see if they will let me do that.

Any SOCAL members have great results with a chain or shop?

fishboy
04-15-2002, 01:51 AM
What about the torch deal? Do they torch before and after?

Who knows more about the details and what nots.

Oh yeah, I also read that some places use suction mechanism and other w/ the traditional `hammering`...

Thanks

JTS

imported_Homer
04-15-2002, 03:02 AM
I know a few people who are capable of doing good jobs:

Dent Wizard in Torrance: Mike Ford, master technician at that location. Feedback from many NSX guys was that he`s tops.

Dent Works in Camarillo: John is the proprietor and has been doing this for the past 7 years, well reknowned within the NSX community for his work on aluminum panels. 805-650-0000 and ask for John.

Ding Me in Costa Mesa: Chris Doveas, 714.350.7990. Located near the South Coast area in Costa Mesa, referred to me by Supra owners...

Hope this helps...

Huy

imported_Homer
04-15-2002, 03:04 AM
If any SoCali members are interested in doing some sort of `group` deal, John from Dent Works in Camarillo has done this before with the NSX community. I`m sure he`d be open to the idea...