PDA

View Full Version : Does Klasse bead or sheet water

jw
04-14-2002, 11:12 PM
I`ve heard it beads water at first but then sheets. Is this true? How long before it stops beading

04-14-2002, 11:25 PM
bead bead bead!!! boy does it bead like crazy. Ill take a photo of my IS300 after spraying it with the pressure washer (at obtuse angles of course, thanks Brad B. :xyxthumbs )

YoSteve
04-14-2002, 11:35 PM
IMO, it does what I captured on the little video I took, for 6+ months on a regularly washed car. sometimes it`s difficult to describe what effect you are seeing, if you haven`t downloaded the video. it does this for a long time, it shouldn`t be an issue, if you do it correctly, but don`t worry we`ll be here to help you :)

sheet/bead video (`http://yosteveshop.homestead.com/files/sheetbead.mpg`)

IMO, if you Klassed car sheets only without beading, then something is wrong with it since that is not the norm.

DETAILKING
04-15-2002, 12:42 PM
New & healthy paint/clearcoat beads like crazy with no protectant on it. Check out geekysteves computer case painted with automotive paint!!

My dad`s 1991 caddy sheets water with KLASSE. It beads for the first few washings and then sheets. I think SL can confirm this on an older car as well.

imported_Intermezzo
04-15-2002, 02:03 PM
Beads for the first month, then sheets for me. But either is fine for me....as long as the shine is nice!

BradE
04-15-2002, 02:18 PM
My expierence was much like DK`s. The car beaded for a few washings (couple weeks) then it sheeted.

04-15-2002, 02:43 PM
yea the mercedes now sheets water after 3 months.