PDA

View Full Version : P21S application on wax and paint cleanser

Caldy
04-14-2002, 02:58 PM
How Long do you leave the paint cleanser on the surface to set up. Because if you leave it on it feels kinda crusty and it becomes hard to come off. well not hard but not as easy as taking it off immediatly after application. So how long is the proper time to leave it on.

Also what do you apply it with? it says a cotton terry towel but i dont agree with that. What else can be used that works well.

Also how long do you leave the p21s wax on the surface. Thanks

TWOOD

JasonC8301
04-14-2002, 05:32 PM
I use the Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion adn I use a terry applicator to apply it, you can sue foam though, just less cutting action. I would apply some paint cleanser to a panel of the car (fender, half the door) and work it in with moderate to heavy pressure, as the product hazes or starts to dry out use light pressure and give it a few passes. Then remove, no need to wait. Use bumper to bumper linear motions.

The P21S does not need to dry. You would apply it to a section then buff off.

Jason

94turboz28
05-30-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by JasonC8301

I use the Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion adn I use a terry applicator to apply it, you can sue foam though, just less cutting action. I would apply some paint cleanser to a panel of the car (fender, half the door) and work it in with moderate to heavy pressure, as the product hazes or starts to dry out use light pressure and give it a few passes. Then remove, no need to wait. Use bumper to bumper linear motions.

The P21S does not need to dry. You would apply it to a section then buff off.

Jason

Do you all have a preference as far as the Cleansing Lotions? I`m sure their both good products. It seems like they`re the same, just wondering if one is better than the other. OTherwise, I`ll just toss a coin... thx...

ernie
05-30-2002, 05:35 PM
Conventional wisdom is that the p21s gepc is a milder paint cleanser vs. the pinnacle product. I`ve used the former, but not the latter. You can apply/remove it (gepc) just as Jason described for the ppcl (I generally use a foam pad, might try terry as Jason suggested next time to compare). The p21s wax is easy to work with.......see Jason`s post for application.

Have fun!

ernie