PDA

View Full Version : How to remove a wrinkle in a plastic convertable window ?

SL500
04-13-2002, 09:19 PM
Can anyone tell me how to remove a couple of wrinkles in the rear window of my convertable ? It is one of those plastic windows that folds when the top is dropped.

Lemonxxs
04-29-2002, 10:50 PM
JEeze what a bummer....I dunno maybe a little warm heat .... but then that may discolor it?

Is it scratched where it is creased?

SL500
04-30-2002, 01:27 AM
No it isn`t scratched, just wrinkled. Of course it is right smack in the center of your field of vision when looking in the rear view mirror.

Lemonxxs
04-30-2002, 09:09 AM
Did the clear color change to kinda a whitish look?

Maybe take it too a reputable convertable top repairer or even a upscale car upholster.

And also wait for a few members who have had this problem maybe they have some tips.

SL500
04-30-2002, 09:16 AM
No, the plastic is fine - not cloudy at all. I think it just folded in an odd way when it came out of the factory and never completely regained its flat shape.

Lemonxxs
04-30-2002, 09:20 AM
I would try the hair dryer to see if it would allow the wrinkle to go away but my fear would be that it gets too big and then is saggy.....

AHHHHHHHHHH......If you live near the water find those guys that make the see through plastic enclosures for boats....you know on large yachts.....I have seen them on flying bridges on sportfishing boats below the Tuna towers....It is worth a shot.

These guys maybe able to help.....I bet it is the same material....

Good Luck!!